• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Obs/Short Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

Snow ended. Got a little over an inch. It's beautiful outside. Had to take a walk in it in case this is it for the winter. Looks like the band has moved to my south. You guys down in Warrenton should have some fun as well.

Congrats to you and wintwrwxluver and EastcoastNPZ. You guys did well with the band parked overhead and moving ever so slowly. Take pics in the morning, it should look gorgeous outside

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow

14* at KHGR

19* at KMRB

18* at KOKV

20* at KIAD

24* at KDCA

22* at KBWI

19* here at the house

13.4°F here at the house here in Clarksburg with a DP of 0. Surprising it's this cold already this evening especially since there is still 12mph winds from the NW (with a gust to 29mph in the last hour).

Temp is bouncing here between like 14 and 16. May have hit our bottom. Regardless, it is COLD out there. Laid out on the grass (which is frozen by the way) and have had to come in for frequent warm up breaks. For some reason my neighborhood is more creepy at night when there is no snow on the ground.

14.6 for the low. Obliterated the season to date coldest. Haven't checked myself, but heard that it was coldest at DCA since 2/7/10.

Got down to 10.4°F in Clarksburg, besting the season low by 9 degrees. Not too shabby for an airmass on the move and with WAA beginning to start up above. Clearly, the 0.1" of snowcover did it's thing...

That's impressive. WINC reported 9 at their studios. I measured 10 IMBY, but then I didn't have nearly the snow cover that you and the winchester area do.

the snow band last night had a sharp cutoff for sure, took my wife to work at the WMC this morning, they were plowing the lots around there yet just over a mile south there was maybe 1/2" covering. back roads are still slippery here and surprised Clarke County is only having a 2 hour delay.

there was a second car ** over the embankment along route 723 near the Clarke / Frederick county line

***(beside the over turned van where I helped pull out a women last night)

Archived