Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January Obs/Short Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

half inch in Gainesville. Still coming down. A nice coating everyhere. I don't remember seeing this in the forecast.

That's one of the traffic cams I've been watching. Pretty cool.

Meanwhile, it's been snowing here nonstop for about 2 hours. Temp already at 18.1.

Decided to come back from snow squall WV to my Boyce home today and good I did,

Then the kick but squall here in Winchester and Clarke county so had to get my wife from work / Prius and snow don't mix,,

Rescued a woman from a over turned min van down an embankment on route 723. She was wearing her seat belt so she walked away (or climbed out the window actually)

expect no school or long delay here in the am. this has been a fun exciting season IMBY's

Surprised today to get out into the field; made it up toward Elkton, MD to see roughly 1/4" coating on some surfaces, and light blowing snow around the streets as of 6pm or so.

I agree with most of you; it felt a little winter-esque out there today - and though I'm thankful for it, I'd settle for some ULL snow right now.

Surprised today to get out into the field; made it up toward Elkton, MD to see roughly 1/4" coating on some surfaces, and light blowing snow around the streets as of 6pm or so.

I agree with most of you; it felt a little winter-esque out there today - and though I'm thankful for it, I'd settle for some ULL snow right now.

Welcome to American Wx Forums! I noticed from your member name, you have a meteorological certification from the US military...cool!

Congrats to winterwxluver, clskinsfan and the other posters out there in winchester. you guys got that stream parked right over head and not moving much. Enjoy!!!

This is impressive on Rt 37 and US 50, Very nice!!!!

I don't have but about three quarters of an inch at my house. However, I drove down to the Sunnyside area, just to the east of your traffic cam shot, to make sure my wife could get home, and there is much more snow. As I was going down there, about an hour ago, it was snowing so hard that I couldn't locate the road even on low beam. I'd guess there's 1.5 to maybe even 2 inches down there. That band that set up down there about an hour ago was dang impressive.

how much snow do you have out there, an inch? or more?

Snow ended. Got a little over an inch. It's beautiful outside. Had to take a walk in it in case this is it for the winter. Looks like the band has moved to my south. You guys down in Warrenton should have some fun as well.

I'm about 10 miles east of Warrenton...snow has picked up in the last minutes...an unexpected pure luck miracle

Archived