• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Obs/Disco

buckeyefan1

GFS has now come in line with ecmwf for the cutoff and how it gets absorbed, after leaving it detached for so long. Looks like this will cut down drastically on rain amounts in the central Carolinas to central GA now, with rain ending quickly Friday. Nearly a non-event in some areas around south /central Ga through central Carolinas, maybe a tenth to quarter inch.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS has now come in line with ecmwf for the cutoff and how it gets absorbed, after leaving it detached for so long. Looks like this will cut down drastically on rain amounts in the central Carolinas to central GA now, with rain ending quickly Friday. Nearly a non-event in some areas around south /central Ga through central Carolinas, maybe a tenth to quarter inch.

:( Oh well...a few sprinkles are better than no sprinkles :hug:

.7 now, up to the present lull. And the possibility of more over night. The gfs 0z from 3 days ago, did a better job on the qpf, than it did with last nights 0z. It seems to miss some on amounts from close in. Hope that bodes well for next week where it wants to give me 3/4's or so. It looked bad for amounts yesterday, but this evening I got good steady rain that didn't have any pyrotechnics with it for a change. T

.12" Here in Weaverville temp is 57.3° @ 9:51 pm. The wind is the big story here in the past hour or so. It is just howling up at the tree tops & mixes down to the ground every so often. Really kinda unerveing with the wet soil. It was shaking the windows so much it got the dogs attention and mine!....power just flickered.

On and off showers for the most part tonight but the wind is just now beginning to kick up and it is really showing off (gusting to at least 30 mph). No snapped branches or loose objects blown about, yet around me in the neighborhood, all sorts of scary noises are being made (pieces of metal banging, creaks, etc.) Kind of reminds me of the late night severe weather from last year with those 70+ mph wind gusts...

.36" from the system at the moment. I'm severely disappointed due to the 3" that was progged a few days ago. It was a good soaking rain that I'll take and mile but I was hoping for much more. It's 60.6 at the homestead and more rain is coming but it's most likely not going to put me over the .50" mark.

The GFS was way off originally when it held on the 5H bowling ball going into south GA and then opening up and rounding the southeast up the coast. I think thats where it was way off and made the difference in rain amounts. Turns out it got absorbed well west of the Apps. Kudos def. to the ecmwf on this one. I didn't get much rain at all (.05")

54 degrees at sunrise. Received .7 inches from event. Brings total for January to 4.7 inches.

Very unusual clouds this morning. The low ones were moving north to south, and the higher ones were movinh south to north. Made these four shots at 8 a.m. Top to bottom, East, North, South, West.

post-1004-0-31053400-1327672508.jpg

post-1004-0-96951000-1327672528.jpg

post-1004-0-92147400-1327672543.jpg

post-1004-0-59643400-1327672558.jpg

Picked up 0.67" last night bringing my monthly total to 5.37". Quite a wet Jan for a La Nina.

To show how much it doesnt feel like winter (or rather how much I think it should be), I was driving into work this morning and the rain bands coming off the mtns hit by the sunshine looked just like snow and for a moment I thought it was. Until I opended up my window and felt spring. :axe:

The GFS was way off originally when it held on the 5H bowling ball going into south GA and then opening up and rounding the southeast up the coast. I think thats where it was way off and made the difference in rain amounts. Turns out it got absorbed well west of the Apps. Kudos def. to the ecmwf on this one. I didn't get much rain at all (.05")

.07 here :lol:

Yep, the Euro won this battle. But the war is yet to be decided. :)

54 degrees at sunrise. Received .7 inches from event. Brings total for January to 4.7 inches.

Very unusual clouds this morning. The low ones were moving north to south, and the higher ones were movinh south to north. Made these four shots at 8 a.m. Top to bottom, East, North, South, West.

Beautiful property and photos MM.

.07 here :lol:

Better luck next time, your day is coming. :maprain:

65 degrees at midnight, and now 44. .68 inches of rain overnight.

It was amazing how warm you guys were last night! I don't know the exact reason unless it was where we had more rain than you all yesterday, as the front had not passed yet, but , we were 10 degrees cooler all day long.

A similar scenario like that has played out alot over the last year. Many times we have been on the eastern edge of cloudcover from a system to our west while you all have basked in more sunshine and warmth. There was quite a higher average in Temps over the year @ KTRI because of that than what was observed here.

However, KTRI's averages and records goes down as the official data for this entire area. Pattern situations and the above mentioned outcomes show that we definitely need more official stations in the area. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

It was amazing how warm you guys were last night! I don't know the exact reason unless it was where we had more rain than you all yesterday, as the front had not passed yet, but , we were 10 degrees cooler all day long.

A similar scenario like that has played out alot over the last year. Many times we have been on the eastern edge of cloudcover from a system to our west while you all have basked in more sunshine and warmth. There was quite a higher average in Temps over the year @ KTRI because of that than what was observed here.

However, KTRI's averages and records goes down as the official data for this entire area. Pattern situations and the above mentioned outcomes show that we definitely need more official stations in the area. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

We just didn't have any rain until last night and a great southerly flow to push our temps up. I was playing basketball with my son yesterday afternoon and remember the first bit or rain starting around 8ish.....

Recieved .11 overnight which is fine with me. The ground is so sopping wet.I'm tired of wiping my dogs paws everytime he comes in. Felt wonderful last night with the breeze actually had my window open. Right now it's 60 and it's strange knowing it's late January.

Ground is soaked!! Dog is white!! Carpet WAS green!! I feel your pain.

Archived