• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2012 Storm Threats and Discussion

PhineasC

If nothing else, that clipper might be almost a thin shield of WAA light snows. I don't know if it will have the magnitude like it had yesterday when we talked about it on the 12z GFS, but what the hell...you'll take any flake that the atmosphere gives at this point.

Gotta thank you guys for sending the snow up my way the other night. I had a 0.5". My biggest total this winter and second biggest total since the crushing 1" I had on 10/29/11.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, and if you look at the 10 Day forecast at 30mb from the Euro Stat site, it has the vortex sitting right over the Pole again

so it seems the Euro forecast of our wam up goes hand in hand with its 30mb forecast over the Pole....dag nabbit

http://wekuw.met.fu-berlin.de/~Aktuell/strat-www/wdiag/ec.php?alert=1&level=30&forecast=f240&lng=eng

though, there looks to be another warming starting on the other side of the Pole by Day 10 fwiw

That's nice and all but we're running out of time. Your -qbs theory blows and were not having winter this year. Have a nice day

the NAM for Friday is majority rain, looking at the 6-hr precipitation maps gives it the look of an anafront but actually if you look more closely most of the precipitation falls ahead of the front and is out of the area before 850s get below 0.

Yup, I noticed that. Friday looks like crap on the NAM

But as Wes noted, the 500 map for the clipper looks pretty vigorous.

If nothing else, that clipper might be almost a thin shield of WAA light snows. I don't know if it will have the magnitude like it had yesterday when we talked about it on the 12z GFS, but what the hell...you'll take any flake that the atmosphere gives at this point.

Gotta thank you guys for sending the snow up my way the other night. I had a 0.5". My biggest total this winter and second biggest total since the crushing 1" I had on 10/29/11.

wow that is just horrible, beats my couple of trace events :axe:

That's nice and all but we're running out of time. Your -qbs theory blows and were not having winter this year. Have a nice day

like I said in the thread, it was based on statistical odds and nothing more

eventually, it would/will fail; it's still only 1/11 so although most models look horid in the MR and long range, we still have to wait for the season to end

i'm proud of you ji, with all of this pathetic winter and models you have not had a major melt down yet :thumbsup:

This winter is much easier to accept so far because there have been no real threats. It would be much worse if we had the models teasing us with storm chances only to miss out each time. At least in this pattern I can live my life and not waste any time tracking weather. If we start to get "threats" that don't materialize watch the meltdowns begin from many on here.

Wasn't it just a few days ago that there was quite a bit of excitement that we might be escaping our bad pattern and that things were looking up? Seems from the comments here and there that the models now don't look so good?

if people were not emotionally involved with seeing snow we would not see the swings we do. i mean after that one run of the gfs showing a big snow next week people were like "this one looks like the real deal". at this point it's hard not to go with a mix of persistence and climo .. we can still hope for the best but we should at least recognize the loudest pattern change screamers have done so already this witner and/or they were attached to this period a month ago and will root it on to verify.

like I said in the thread, it was based on statistical odds and nothing more

eventually, it would/will fail; it's still only 1/11 so although most models look horid in the MR and long range, we still have to wait for the season to end

I'm almost ready to call time of death.

I've moved into acceptance.

I'm almost ready to call time of death.

I've moved into acceptance.

well, when it comes to snow depravation, misery does love company, so in that respect, I can deal with it

I mean, even Ski MRG is probably going to get a mix or change to zr tomorrow with this system...that's some crazy shiat right there

and I agree with PSUHoffman; it's better than being so d@mn close and walking away near empty handed like last year, though I understand if others disagree

Archived