amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2012 Storm Threats and Discussion

PhineasC

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the vort is pretty far south on the 12z gfs whether or not it loses all its moisture crossing the apps

Yea, track looks fine. It can jog N a bit and we're still fine. Clippers are fickle on models so there probably not much to get excited or upset about. Keep the 500 track around RIC on S and let the chips fall where they may.

It's always fun watching them dive out of canada and crossing the midwest. Plenty of time for precip speculation.

Went from central VA to NC. Not good if right

yeah, needs to come back north a bit. it's about the same track as the second vort that did nothing during flurrypocolypse tho it starts further west and is better organized initially. i dont like ones that track hard southeast overall.. better to get more west to east movement.

Yea, track looks fine. It can jog N a bit and we're still fine. Clippers are fickle on models Models are fickle and will show us what we would like to see and then yank the rug out so there probably not much to get excited or upset about. Keep the 500 track around RIC on S and let the chips fall where they may.

It's always fun watching them dive out of canada and crossing the midwest. Plenty of time for precip speculation.

I tweaked your post.

Would be fitting to miss the clipper because it went too far south. We'll then miss the next one because it goes too far north. Time to accept fate on this winter, folks.

This, over and over again.

Someone mentioned a post or so back that the vortex moved from central Va to NC in one run. Next run might have it SC or NY.

Jan 22nd and the 0C line is somewhere over the Hudson Bay.... Ouch.

Perhaps JB should resurrect that comment from years ago for this weekend...I think he said "it's the clipper, the clipper you should remember because it will be the last snow in the east" I can't remeber the exact quote..think it was from 2007

SNOs prediction will probably fail, but lets at least give BBs prediction a chance

My lone supporter has predicted a fail. It could be a "titanic" fail, but one must go down with his ship. It can't be any worse than JB or DT.

Yes "I'm all in" and hoping I come up aces. :santa:

May is going to rock--I know it.

yes.. late may in the plains (hopefully)

SNOs prediction will probably fail, but lets at least give BBs prediction a chance

how could he possibly go wrong with a prediction of one of the snowiest months on record in a winter like this?

My lone supporter has predicted a fail. It could be a "titanic" fail, but one must go down with his ship. It can't be any worse than JB or DT.

Given the last temp outlook for your time period, yes... I'm sorry... I don't see it taking place.

yes.. late may in the plains (hopefully)

how could he possibly go wrong with a prediction of one of the snowiest months on record in a winter like this?

Not quite Skippy...I said overall winter would be a nightmare East of 95. I said January 24th-26th was DCA's chance at a SECS.

That's like Casey Anthony saying she is much less worse then Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy. :axe:

Archived