• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Observation/ Weather Banter

ski MRG

there's a complete disconnect between OT and SNE moderation...there aren't even the same issue. The only time i've seen issues spill over is someone from SNE posts stuff from the OT side of the board. I think Randy is being legit here...some of that crude **** that's posted is funny...but there is some concern about it's appropriateness. What's good for the 15 or so regular posters might not be the best way to facilitate growth of quality posters and meteorologists. I can see how those types of jokes would be disconcerting for a professional and cause them to not to add their thoughts.

Nick, cute little hypothesis and while it is very feasible, it's simply not the case.

It sounds cool to say in order to champion your stance, but it's pretty widely known that our subforum has possibly the highest quality dialogue on hte board intertwined with the sarcasm and friendly ribbing.

Apparently Hitler ;locked all of the banter threads, so I posted this here.

Hilarious Hitler comment...

But so this doesn't get deleted I will make a weather comment. I don't think we should cancel December...we will get a dusting of snow by the 31st.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We already have plenty of posters....and as far as women being turned off, there was a great dearth of women posting in wx forums loooooong before I posted my first cyber bun, bro.

Most of these potential nebies will only be on during high traffic times, anyway....which is when we really tone that crap done.

Debbie the soccer mom is not checking out AMWX from her balckberry in her minivan in order to tell whether it's going to be 48 or 44* for a high; she gives not a flying fu**.

Oh I know that...I don't really understand why, though.

I mean I know that meteorology is a male dominated field...and men tend to be better at science and math whereas woman are better at verbal stuff...but why is an obsession over snow falling out of the sky such a male dominated activity lol. I don't really have the answer to that...

I don't really have an issues with the weenie buns...it was more the crude humor that could be off putting. The buns are whatever.

It still looks like a torch on most guidance.

As i thought, I was expecting rain for the most part, That low track is well west of here, And there is mention on thurs of it after a mix, Kind of surprised that NWS had snow to wintery mix this far south in the state, Thought the mtns and higher elevations would have the best chance

Point of view from a non-met/noob:

I struggle to read between the lines here on forecasts. The banter actually is a welcome translation often for what is going on. It's like a sub-title for the the analysis that is often WAY over my head. Without it, I probably wouldn't check back here as often. It would be only during event forecasts. The fact that I'm here writing this right now is due to banter.

-Andrew

edit on the above video: 5.5 hrs from Andrew Square to Quincy (8 miles total).

Where were you commuting to?

From work to Dorchester.

I knew it was going to be bad, but in my mind...I said so what if it takes 3 hrs...I will have a nice dinner to come home to and my own bed. Never in my life did I think it would take over 8 hrs. I could write a book about what I saw. The best was people urinating off the Bunker Hill Bridge.

Point of view from a non-met/noob:

I struggle to read between the lines here on forecasts. The banter actually is a welcome translation often for what is going on. It's like a sub-title for the the analysis that is often WAY over my head. Without it, I probably wouldn't check back here as often. It would be only during event forecasts. The fact that I'm here writing this right now is due to banter.

-Andrew

If you ever have any questions...feel free to ask, man. It's a forum where people should learn too.

From work to Dorchester.

I knew it was going to be bad, but in my mind...I said so what if it takes 3 hrs...I will have a nice dinner to come home to and my own bed. Never in my life did I think it would take over 8 hrs. I could write a book about what I saw. The best was people urinating off the Bunker Hill Bridge.

my mom and I went to have lunch with my aunt in Derry NH...i had an awesome truck at the time, though i was all bad-azz with my 4wheel drive, and my i can handle the snow attitude...

lol, on the way home on 495 during the height of the storm, the average speed was 8-10mph...all lanes clogged so the plows couldn't do anything, the snow just kept on accumulating...it took me 4-5hrs to get home...i wanted to poke my eyes out with a hot poker!

wow new 12z gfs looks to give us snow around here around the 20th. pretty good storm on christmas eve with rain to snow with some luck could give us all snow with some adjustments. then shows another ocean storm near by on the 27th more after that so hope is not dead we do have multiple chances for snow!

wow new 12z gfs looks to give us snow around here around the 20th. pretty good storm on christmas eve with rain to snow with some luck could give us all snow with some adjustments. then shows another ocean storm near by on the 27th more after that so hope is not dead we do have multiple chances for snow!

I'm telling you, winter begins when I land! (20th) ;)

In all seriousness, damn the NCEP site is slow for me

Are you going out to California on the trip with your father?

my mom and I went to have lunch with my aunt in Derry NH...i had an awesome truck at the time, though i was all bad-azz with my 4wheel drive, and my i can handle the snow attitude...

lol, on the way home on 495 during the height of the storm, the average speed was 8-10mph...all lanes clogged so the plows couldn't do anything, the snow just kept on accumulating...it took me 4-5hrs to get home...i wanted to poke my eyes out with a hot poker!

I literally averaged 3mph on the way home and at times less than that. Most of the "higher speed" was due to the 3-4 miles I had available to me where I could go 20mph...lol.

Hilarious Hitler comment...

But so this doesn't get deleted I will make a weather comment. I don't think we should cancel December...we will get a dusting of snow by the 31st.

It's going to be nip and tuck on my bet with Jerry. I'm losing confidence.

lol at the potential xmas blizzard on the 12z gfs..

GFS has signaled two events for days around the 20th and 25th. Something will likely occur around that time with details TBD.

It's going to be nip and tuck on my bet with Jerry. I'm losing confidence.

GFS has signaled two events for days around the 20th and 25th. Something will likely occur around that time with details TBD.

Hmmm...maybe another post-Christmas blizzard...followed by another one in January? Sounds familiar...lol

Archived