Dump Trump
December Observation/ Weather Banter

ski MRG

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

Let me give an example here:

This is effing HILARIOUS. I literally spit my OJ out when I saw it. Good stuff. Come on guys, its not like we don't "get it". It's all in fun. But if I'm a guest or a newbie serious about weather and I'm a work and load this up on my computer....wtf? All we're asking is that you guys post this in the banter thread. Why is that causing all this bellyaching?

rayshower.jpg

Just because.

That picture is fitting for the month of December 2011...probably the worst winter month I've ever experienced on the boards going back to 2004-2005.

Yeah that was atrocious... we were snow free at least half-way through the month up here, even up to 3,000+ feet based on my photos from last year. I was just going through December and found that winter never really arrived till the end of the month, right around Christmas when we finally put down snow cover.

This is December 16, 2011 clearing the 3,000ft mark on the chairlift... at a place where we take snow for granted. It takes a *really* bad pattern to keep the upper east side of Mansfield snow free that late into the winter.

Even on December 20th... down here at 800ft near my place in the valley, we just had frozen puddles in the fields. This is pretty rough for this location a few days from Christmas.

Mansfield isnt a very aesthetically pleasing mountain is it?

This thread is awesome. Little did we all know how bad the fail would continue.

It wasn't until the evening of December 23rd that we finally put snow cover down in town and then held it through January and February until the March torch.

I still remember this evening when it finally started snowing... we must've gotten a good push of CAA because upslope snows started dumping in squall-like weather for the next couple of days.

Evening of December 23rd when the snow squalls finally started rolling in and the grass disappeared in town.

Then on December 25th for Christmas, snow showers left another 6" or so and winter finally took hold.

It took until the end of December last year to finally get a snow cover down in town. Hopefully this December is nothing like it.

Mansfield isnt a very aesthetically pleasing mountain is it?

This thread is awesome. Little did we all know how bad the fail would continue.

Haha... its not so much a mountain peak as it is a wall. But we seem to benefit more in terms of snowfall from it being a wall/shelf at just over 4,000ft than we would if it was just a singular pointy peak at that same elevation. Its current look makes it very easy to "block" the low level flow and is a decent speed bump in the atmosphere from H85 and below.

Archived