Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Observation/ Weather Banter

ski MRG

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless you are excited about tracking a cold front and then the warmth returning 2 days later, there's not much to talk about--an epic clunker of a winter....01-02, 10 years later we have 11-12...coincidence?

Hopefully the next 3 winters are as good as 02/03, 03/04 and 04/05 were.

Unless you are excited about tracking a cold front and then the warmth returning 2 days later, there's not much to talk about--an epic clunker of a winter....01-02, 10 years later we have 11-12...coincidence?

The cold is moderating on the models for next week..........thank god, who the hell wants cold and dry with no snow on the ground? The seeds for the next mega torch have already been planted and should arrive by 1/6. Meanwhile you and I will enjoy sun and rain over the next few days with highs right around 50./.......all of SNE will share in +10-+15 departures over the next few days.

I wish we could just fast forward to March 1

The cold is moderating on the models for next week..........thank god, who the hell wants cold and dry with no snow on the ground? The seeds for the next mega torch have already been planted and should arrive by 1/6. Meanwhile you and I will enjoy sun and rain over the next few days with highs right around 50./.......all of SNE will share in +10-+15 departures over the next few days.

That's just about enough out of you, Joe! lol

There's plenty to enjoy about just having cold. Hell, that's what you typically have in coastal CT anyway. Plowing contracts ftw this year.

24.4/16, flakes continue.

That's just about enough out of you, Joe! lol

There's plenty to enjoy about just having cold. Hell, that's what you typically have in coastal CT anyway. Plowing contracts ftw this year.

24.4/16, flakes continue.

We are in the same boat, you have no snow pack, I have no snow pack. We both rain starting tonight into the weekend, its a wagons north winter, only your wagon is not far enough north. We both get to enjoy a two day cold outbreak thats dry..............yay yay yay yaba daba dooooooooo hip hip hooray.

I had weenie flakes last night.......boring.

Enjoy the rain this weekend, I will be in Becket higher up than you.............cant wait to report on all the snow that Pete is always talking about. A weekend in Gods Country ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Not surprised on point #1--with snowless ground even into Michigan, the cold cannot be sustained and will moderate over the snowless ground

on point #2, I bet the spring is crappy-seems that warm winters always end cold....but I see your point...let's get to May 1st instead!

Snowing across much of central/northern New England this morning. Heading towards the first inch here... radar looks better than I would've expected for this.

NICE! you are indeed the snow capital of New England this winter, but most would have guessed that from the start, congrate freak and enjoy the snow.

27/20 w/ weenie flakes flying.

Sure be nice to at least record a trace to end an abysmal December...

I feel like this has been the year of the trace. Had off and on flakes here this morning again today. It does make you remember what winter is supposed to look like as long as you don't look at the ground and just keep your eyes on the flakes.

I feel like this has been the year of the trace. Had off and on flakes here this morning again today. It does make you remember what winter is supposed to look like as long as you don't look at the ground and just keep your eyes on the flakes.

It's been the year of snow and then torch here. Hopefully the last two-thirds of the season are fruitful and cold.

It's been the year of snow and then torch here. Hopefully the last two-thirds of the season are fruitful and cold.

Yeah I really shouldn't say year of the trace because I do have almost 30 inches this year 22.5 from the Octobomb. But just since the beginning of meteorological winter its been trace after trace with just as many torches lol. Bring on fruitful and cold.

I've had a couple minor measurements in December and a whole mess of traces (most recently today). But, so far Roctober has been the savior-in-advance of this winter. It has to change sooner or later.

Mild now, though. 31.7/22.

OT--curious to learn of what people may have experienced for costs to install a septic system and to drill a well. Rather than responding here and sending this thread down the crapper (pun intended), if you'd like to pm me, that would be great. TIA.

Archived