e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
December Observation/ Weather Banter

ski MRG

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was thinking about making some snow tonight in MBY. Sitting at 26 right now, forecasted low of 26. If we really stay at this temp I don't know if it will be worth it. Will we really stay here all night/rise?

We have 19F as BOX's p-n-c low, but I think I will go below that a bit until after midnight

That 4F td is awesome

We have 19F as BOX's p-n-c low, but I think I will go below that a bit until after midnight

That 4F td is awesome

With clouds moving in I feel like we might see a stop in our temp drop/a possible rise. I'd like to get down to 23-24 within the next hour to feel comfortable. I think I'm going to go hook everything up regardless...

how is WAWA?

Conditions last night were not good. We only went for 2 hours. The rain Tuesday night froze solid and the groomers just packed it down. Ice bowl on all trails we were on. Rough going. And the wind blew lots of leaves onto some of the runs.

On the other hand, it was empty for a Christmas week evening...lol. Literally no wait for the lifts.

Looking at the webcams, they have really been going nuts with the snowmaking. Added another summit trail (10th, my favorite) today.

Crowds still look low. Hopefully they can widen some of the trails, too.

BDL only increased from 38 to 38.1 for average Dec temp and yesterday was plus 14 above normal...does that seem off to anyone else? i thought they would be .3 or .4 anyway...i do not think we can pull off warmest Dec but should do second warmest..today will avg at or just below normal i guess.

Well a +14 day at BDL is 42F, or a difference of 4 degrees from the monthly mean. This late in the month I wouldn't expect a significant impact on the monthly average. Mathematically, the impact of a single day on the monthly mean is as follows:

( y - x ) / n

where n is the current date, x is the monthly average, and y is the latest daily number. Using n = 28, x = 38, and y = 42, the impact on the monthly mean would be +0.14F, or +0.1F, pushing the monthly mean from 38 to 38.1 as you have noted.

Nice work Chris. Hey, do you pay your parents for the electricity and water before the bills comes in or after?

Costs a mere few dollars for a multi hour run.

Would not cost much if he has a well... lol

22.4F/5

And that's why...

That's pretty solid for 2 hours with a homemade system I would imagine.

Yes, pretty solid indeed. I moved it downhill now, got a bit under a foot base up on the top of my backyard and now building a base lower down. Should have "top to bottom" skiing by tomorrow lol.

progress pic about 2-2.5 hours into the run

400307_159725907468105_100002920909116_236929_513867893_n.jpg

nice, very nice.

Yeah, looking at what your producing I've decided mine is barely worth it compared to what you get for results. But it's more of a novelty for me. Usually I don't have to worry about making snow living where I do.

Archived