• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
December Observation/ Weather Banter

ski MRG

The funny thing is unlike the main page or ot or other subforums there really is no trolling here in sne.

Not to mention the fact I think many of us were a bit taken aback at bobs directive that the banter thread could only be WX banter.

Isn't this the wx side?

I mean, we allow semi-related stuff like garden, lawn, skiing, people throwing frisbees in the middle of a torch, etc....

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the anger at Bob may be misdirected, he's just carrying out orders. We're on very shaky ground at this point. Bandwidth is required for OT and we're second largest to OT in terms of subforums.

I'm not angry at him....I just think he gets a little carried away with the mod badge, sometimes.

Like I'm sure he thinks I get carried away with weenies and toasters.

Well we are going to be more aggressive moving and deleting bad posts or banter not in the banter thread. Not that there's a big storm threat anyway on the horizon, but when it comes, hopefully everyone will be at least close to the same page.

We always have been.....you know damn well that Kev, myself and some others police ourselves a little more stringently when circumstances dictate.

I'm not angry at him....I just think he gets a little carried away with the mod badge, sometimes.

Like I'm sure he thinks I get carried away with weenies and toasters.

This is how I feel about the entire situation. Don't delete it, it would be a shame. We were having such a great party in the banter thread... until buzz killington... walked in

Irony they begged us to leave OT now we can't because they bitched and moaned about us having too much fun. Odd thing is no one but Nicky DBM ever complained from our region.

wait a minute...the only thing I said is that I can see how dick, gay jokes etc. can be unwelcoming and perpetuate an inner club/locker room mentality. Don't get me wrong...I think a lot of that **** is funny...but I question whether it's really something that's appropriate for the weather side. I fully endorse weather banter, some ot banter, and light trolling in the banter thread...elsewhere..not so much.

My $.02 ... 1) don't be dissin' Bob and 2) keeping all non-wx-related banter in general OT is fookin' stoopid.

The SNE sub forum is so much fun.It's a shame that there seems to be a move to castrate it. I think we all pick and choose our moments to goof around. When a storm threat is on the horizon the storm related threads stay on topic. The jovial banter we all engage in gives us a real sense of comradery and community. Over-zealous policing will kill the sub-forum.

I'll only say this once..but this new moderation is a big , big turnoff and is going to drive many of us away. Noone wants to be treated like this. We have had agreat community over the years, it has been fun and we've established some great friendships. This is no way to treat people. You don't all of a sudden change things and expect people to abide by it or like them. I can tell you I am not going to change anything I do on here or how I act . I have never been warned, banned or suspended in all the yrs I';ve been on here. If they want to start banning loyal posters that have been here since the early days then that is not a place I want to be anyway/

The SNE sub forum is so much fun.It's a shame that there seems to be a move to castrate it. I think we all pick and choose our moments to goof around. When a storm threat is on the horizon the storm related threads stay on topic. The jovial banter we all engage in gives us a real sense of comradery and community. Over-zealous policing will kill the sub-forum.

Will said that there is room for modification of these directives, so I imagine not much will change. It isn't broken, no need to fix it. Let the other subforums wallow in their mire.

I'll only say this once..but this new moderation is a big , big turnoff and is going to drive many of us away. Noone wants to be treated like this. We have had agreat community over the years, it has been fun and we've established some great friendships. This is no way to treat people. You don't all of a sudden change things and expect people to abide by it or like them. I can tell you I am not going to change anything I do on here or how I act . I have never been warned, banned or suspended in all the yrs I';ve been on here. If they want to start banning loyal posters or have been here since the early days then that is not a place I want to be anyway/

I agree with you Blizz. The tighter they squeeze the more will slip through their fingers. Very troubling.

Will said that there is room for modification of these directives, so I imagine not much will change. It isn't broken, no need to fix it. Let the other subforums wallow in their mire.

I'm just worried about the children. What kind of sub-forum will we leave them?

I laughed out loud when I read the directive. More than one of the folks behind it have posted some of the most vile garbage message boards have ever seen yet they have suddenly become born again moralists? So just to be clear, talk of homosexual and bisexual conquests are no longer permitted. Do I have that right?????

I must have overslept and woken up in the middle of the second Crusade.

Looks like 16° is going to do it for a low here...I'm surprised it dropped that low but it feels nice. Ties my lowest of the season!

I'm not one to butt into conversations of the inner circle but I'd like to add that I enjoy the banter here that we enjoy as a region...I hope that doesn't change. I would agree with others that if traffic is an issue, get rid of the traffic that has least to do with your core target. i.e. OT so that side banter can continue. Carry on...

I think a lot of people are misinterpreting the additional moderation as saying that all light heartedness and fun are to be taken out of the threads. That is not the case at all. Its mainly the most egregious stuff we are talking about...that and trying to make sure the main wx threads (storm threat or pattern change or whatever) stay fairly banter free. We know people are going to stray OT a bit...that is generally fine within reason...but it has not always been within reason.

So we're supposed to post our OT banter in the OT section, yet OT is supposedly not really moderated and the troublemakers are allowed to run wild there. What's the point? Who the heck wants to post there so we can be trolled day and night by those with nothing better to do than insult people over the internet. No thanks. It's why I stay out of OT in the first place.

There will still be weenies posted and the same types of fun we've always had...and it won't be just relegated to the banter thread. It will be in all of the threads. If it's not allowed,, then we will know that they have changed the rules and that fun is not allowed. That is when you'll notice the vast majority of people leaving the board

Archived