• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early December Obs/ General Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Very true... have a good Saturday everyone. Sun is coming out here and the clouds are clearing around the mountain quickly. Here's a webcam view from the SW looking at the western slope of Mansfield. Turning into a beautiful, seasonable Saturday in December up in the North Country:

At least it looks like winter up your way PF...

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

updated- 12-10-11

Scott

MeteoTrade?

Amy

Diane

Garth

Kevin

Ray

Phil

Ginxy

TB

Wizzy

hubbdave- 5pmish

OldmanBob- 5pmish

Max

Socks

Chris (nwct)

Will?

Typhoon Tip? 6pmish

IWC?

All right ladies and gents, kickoff in T-2.5hrs!

looks like i've got a maybe from our God's Country kinfolk- Mrg, and Happy Valley...let's hope they show! smile.png

Dec 10th, 2pm until whenever...Worcester, Funky Murphys

laugh.png

LOL...sad thing is that this is probably true in that people in Boston really don't seem to care much about this area. In fact, it tends to be frequented by New Yorkers much more than Bostonians. Politicians on Beacon Hill (save for maybe Deval Patrick, Jane Swift, or Martha Coakley) have also pretty much ignored us. Hey...it's actually okay to be a Yankees fan here.

updated- 12-10-11

Scott

MeteoTrade?

Amy

Diane

Garth

Kevin

Ray

Phil

Ginxy

TB

Wizzy

hubbdave- 5pmish

OldmanBob- 5pmish

Max

Socks

Chris (nwct)

Will?

Typhoon Tip? 6pmish

IWC?

All right ladies and gents, kickoff in T-2.5hrs!

looks like i've got a maybe from our God's Country kinfolk- Mrg, and Happy Valley...let's hope they show! smile.png

Dec 10th, 2pm until whenever...Worcester, Funky Murphys

I posted in another thread that I won't be able to attend as it's my daughter's 7th birthday. Enjoy, and I hope the GTG spurs some good Juju.

Temps starting to drop like a rock...down to 35 off a high of 41. Already below 32 at 1200' and with dp's around 20 and clear dry air on the water vapor, I don't think we'll have problems radiating tonight. I've been waiting for a good night to see how temps do at my sugar bush in Union and this will be a good test.

I've always liked this time of year before they adjust the sensitivity of the IR satellite..when you get a cold day, you can actually see it show up as clouds...just look at PA on this IR loop:

http://www.weatherof...bimages=1&clf=1

I hope our friends at the get together have a good time...I'd like to meet all of you some day but my weekends rarely allow that and I like spending time with my family too much....I don't get to see them too much during the week.

Temps starting to drop like a rock...down to 35 off a high of 41. Already below 32 at 1200' and with dp's around 20 and clear dry air on the water vapor, I don't think we'll have problems radiating tonight. I've been waiting for a good night to see how temps do at my sugar bush in Union and this will be a good test.

I've always liked this time of year before they adjust the sensitivity of the IR satellite..when you get a cold day, you can actually see it show up as clouds...just look at PA on this IR loop:

http://www.weatherof...bimages=1&clf=1

I hope our friends at the get together have a good time...I'd like to meet all of you some day but my weekends rarely allow that and I like spending time with my family too much....I don't get to see them too much during the week.

It does have a wintry feel to it out there. My high (just after midnight) was 35.9. Got up to 34.9 off a 6:00a.m. low of 29.9.

But, that low is about to be eclipsed as I'm now at 30.1/18.

Snow in the air this morning

Spent the day hiking around WaWa

On the way to gtg

30.5F/14

Gonna be cold

Awesome. I love that... cranking it out, all out snowmaking assault when mother nature won't cooperate.

That fan gun is a freakin cannon... and will produce some high quality snow. Check out the hang time of that stuff.

Wish you were here.

BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM AKST SUNDAY FOR

TURNAGAIN PASS AND NORTH...

A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM AKST SUNDAY FOR

TURNAGAIN PASS AND NORTH.

* LOCATION...TURNAGAIN PASS AND NORTH.

* SNOW...12 TO 24 INCHES.

* VISIBILITY...REDUCED BELOW ONE QUARTER MILE AT TIMES.

* WIND...EAST WINDS 35 TO 60 MPH...STRONGEST THROUGH PORTAGE

VALLEY AND EASTERN TURNAGAIN ARM.

* TIMING...CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE THIS EVENING WITH THE ONSET

OF MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS. VISIBILITIES IN

BLOWING SNOW WILL IMPROVE SUNDAY MORNING AS THE WIND DIMINISHES.

* IMPACTS...SNOWFALL COMBINED WITH STRONG WINDS AND BLOWING SNOW

MAY PRODUCE WHITE-OUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES. DRIVING WILL BECOME

DIFFICULT.

Archived