Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Early December Obs/ General Banter

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWT. Didn't want it to happen, but felt it could. How the hell did they let that happen.

Cowboys continue to find ways to lose that are unfathomable. Football season is over. It;s college b-ball season..and then spring training starts next week since we're not having winter this year. Opening day will be Feb 15th

Funky temps this evening in NE CT under clear calm conditions. Currently 23 but after free fall dropping they leveled off for about an hour and even went up a degree before going back down. My other station in a higher valley is actually warmer than me which is the opposite what normally happens on a night like tonight.

Looks like temps should bottom out near where they were this morning...perhaps a degree or two cooler?

Same here... got to 24, now at 26... inversion of sorts?

Looks like I'm going to bottom out at 18...1 degree warmer than yesterday. Really odd temps last night. Temps dropped like a rock till about 9-10PM and then they just leveled off despite near ideal conditions. They've been dropping well though the past couple of hours.

I was just posting in the banter thread...why was my post deleted? I didn't call anyone out.

Scott, the banter thread was/is really intended for weather related banter, not anything goes. Yeah, it has morphed into a catch all topic, but that is going to have to change. We don't want he crap going on in OT spilling over to the weather side.

We are not going to stand by and let the banter threads take on a mind of there own. We have specific forums here to discuss different topics.

Scott, the banter thread was/is really intended for weather related banter, not anything goes. Yeah, it has morphed into a catch all topic, but that is going to have to change. We don't want he crap going on in OT spilling over to the weather side.

We are not going to stand by and let the banter threads take on a mind of there own. We have specific forums here to discuss different topics.

I was just surprised at it being deleted, but if it is a board wide decision, then that's fine.

Bob nobody will use OT. It's like the Wild West. People attack and troll one another relentlessly and it's from there that most of the crap starts. The OT needs rules, if you want to delete this after reading that's fine...but SNE operates fine. Why don't we just make it possible for others to not see our threads if they so desire so they're not offended?

Bob nobody will use OT. It's like the Wild West. People attack and troll one another relentlessly and it's from there that most of the crap starts. The OT needs rules, if you want to delete this after reading that's fine...but SNE operates fine. Why don't we just make it possible for others to not see our threads if they so desire so they're not offended?

People will still use OT. I don't buy that point. The trolling and attacking does need to be squashed. That's why we have the report feature. We as mods can't sit here and read every post in every thread. It's physically impossible. SNE does not operate fine. Some of the board issues stem from our forum because we have not moderated enough in the past and people here think they can post whatever they want. Limiting people from viewing the weather side forums/threads on a weather forum is nonsense.

All the reasons i stay out of there, Besides the fact most of the post in there are useless worthy anyways, I stick to the sport zone and read in some of the regional threads and just post basically in the New England thread

I think overall it works fine, It is labeled general banter which is pretty broad brushed

Good idea. Not sure why this site needs an OT section anyway. It doesn't add anything, and certainly detracts in many ways - including physical/technical resources. Not to mention it's the same problem children who like to stir up trouble day in day out, and get a free pass for some reason.

Great job Randy pinned and dead nuts accurate

Members,

We will no longer be spending much effort changing OT. This is a weather board and this is our first and foremost concern, and by all accounts, we do pretty well with it. Therefore, there will be no additional tasks forces, no advisory committees, etc. This forum is basically an auxiliary place for non weather discussion. The weather side will be our primary focus and consume much of our energy, dedication and efforts to improve the board. We have let our staff know that the weather side is the primary focus and concern. Staff will no longer be embroiled in OT wars and drama. We are an all volunteer group here for weather and the enjoyment of weather. As of late, a lot of staff have enjoyed this board a lot less solely due to strife in OT. This has to and will end. OT is not what we are here for. If you do not find it to your liking, either participate in what you are here for in the first place (weather) or you are free to choose another board that is dedicated solely to off topic.

In the future, any persistent trouble makers and instigators will be removed from OT without question or cause.

-The ENTIRE staff of AmericanWx

Good idea. Not sure why this site needs an OT section anyway. It doesn't add anything, and certainly detracts in many ways - including physical/technical resources. Not to mention it's the same problem children who like to stir up trouble day in day out, and get a free pass for some reason.

Yeah I agree. It's a waste of time and quite frankly pretty lame.

That said I'm not sure we need moderators to come in here and start deleting posts in a "banter" thread that aren't in any way offensive. Especially since the weather has been so quiet these threads aren't even moving along quickly.

Members,

We will no longer be spending much effort changing OT. This is a weather board and this is our first and foremost concern, and by all accounts, we do pretty well with it. Therefore, there will be no additional tasks forces, no advisory committees, etc. This forum is basically an auxiliary place for non weather discussion. The weather side will be our primary focus and consume much of our energy, dedication and efforts to improve the board. We have let our staff know that the weather side is the primary focus and concern. Staff will no longer be embroiled in OT wars and drama. We are an all volunteer group here for weather and the enjoyment of weather. As of late, a lot of staff have enjoyed this board a lot less solely due to strife in OT. This has to and will end. OT is not what we are here for. If you do not find it to your liking, either participate in what you are here for in the first place (weather) or you are free to choose another board that is dedicated solely to off topic.

In the future, any persistent trouble makers and instigators will be removed from OT without question or cause.

EDIT:

-We will provide basic explanation/transparency on any action we take. After the intial explanation, that's the only statement we'll have regarding the matter.

This applies to OT only. Suggestions for the weather side can be posted in the Forum Help section.

Members,

People will still use OT. I don't buy that point. The trolling and attacking does need to be squashed. That's why we have the report feature. We as mods can't sit here and read every post in every thread. It's physically impossible. SNE does not operate fine. Some of the board issues stem from our forum because we have not moderated enough in the past and people here think they can post whatever they want. Limiting people from viewing the weather side forums/threads on a weather forum is nonsense.

The only complaints I've heard about the sne forum is from other areas...who cares what they want...everyone in the sne forum likes how it is run now. To be honest you are the only one who is part of sne that I've heard complain about it.

I disagree.

It has morphed into that and is part of the problem. The one banter thread in the subforums were never intended to be the catch all thread for non weather related discussion.

There is nothing wrong with having on thread for banter since everyone knows each other. I've never met anyone here and I feel like I have...I agree that the posters in OT area a joke like sbos_wx said and I would understand why he would rather post in the banter thread here...

Im not posting in OT.. this new rule blows.. im normally quiet on board issues and moderation but i cant post in OT. Nasty people and things there. Nothing good comes out of it. (Opposed to here)

None of the big trolls will be suspended or banned. Guranteed.

This.

Im not posting in OT.. this new rule blows.. im normally quiet on board issues and moderation but i cant post in OT. Nasty people and things there. Nothing good comes out of it. (Opposed to here)

None of the big trolls will be suspended or banned. Guranteed.

EXACTLY! I don't spend any time in OT because I am certain that if people DO troll me or my posts and I report them, nothing will come out of it. ...some of the people who's sole existence on this board is to troll OT need to vanish (at least from OT).

...seriously. The moment that happens, OT (and this board) will become a much more friendly place.

I wouldn't mind being a mod for OT... I am impartial, have no "agendas" and wouldn't tolerate the crap that goes on there at all.

EXACTLY! I don't spend any time in OT because I am certain that if people DO troll me or my posts and I report them, nothing will come out of it. ...some of the people who's sole existence on this board is to troll OT need to vanish (at least from OT).

...seriously. The moment that happens, OT (and this board) will become a much more friendly place.

Agree with you guys on this. I know the mods don't want to spend a lot of time in OT, and rightfully so, but what incentive do they have for keeping the same half-dozen people whose main purpose is to troll and start trouble? That's one thing I could never figure out.

I wanted to put in my 2 cents about OT. I don't post there very often. To me it seems to just causes problems with board members. There are a zillion interests groups and places to post opinions on the web. I donate and read this forum because of my interest in weather. I say just take OT down. No need for the moderators to spend anytime there. One more opinion.....banter threads in the regional group should be loosely based on weather, of course I am breaking my own rule by this post.

On another note we are starting to gain a few seconds of daylight now in the afternoon. About 25% of the ground remains snowcovered up here in the NW Lakes Region of NH.

Hoping for better model trends!

Gene

Archived