joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Pre Turkey Snow Trouncing Obs

dryslot

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah temps look to be in the mid 40's later this week so the melting process will be on

If MBY gets what GYX currently progs, it will take more than a few mid 40s (with late fall sun angle) to melt all of it. Only once in 13 yr have I carried Nov snowpack thru the winter, in 02-03 (a mediocre winter for snow, but my coldest, and thus my greatest length of 1"+ snowcover.)

Woke up to 14.2 this morning, beautiful crisp sky all day, till about now, some high clouds filtering in and temps up to 32.9. Looking for about 8-12 here so it seems in Lunenburg VT,. however I think it may mix near the Ct river valley if enough south flow rides up the Ct river valley. Should be fun! Wish I had my plow ready to go, looks like I will have to mash this one down with the tires.

Clouds beginning to move in, temp down to 40 on the not-so-official Time & Temperature Building display which I can see from my office here in Portland. All the muggles around me seem to think it'll just be rain here on the coast. Should be an interesting night and morning. No risk of burning up a snow day as my kids have tomorrow off as part of the holiday regardless.

so...for shoots and giggles...if someone from MA wanted to drive to somewhere in NH for some heavy snow...where would you suggest that someone in MA drive to?

To my house, just south of Plymouth NH. I am at 1100 feet. 5pm 34.7F and dp of 20F so should start right off as snow and stick immediately. I like my spot, far enough south for the good QPF but far enough north I should stay all snow!

Archived