joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Pre Turkey Snow Trouncing Obs

dryslot

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey my college buddy has a cottage on a lake in Norway, ME...how far is that from you? Went snowmobiling up there last January. Great time. Seems like a lifestyle up there.

Meanwhile 44.5/43. 0.31"

Must be Norway Lake (Penesewassee Lake) 30min NW of here, I ride that area as well, Bridgeton Stoneham,Bethel and Fryeburg great area, Up to 31.5F here

Must be Norway Lake (Penesewassee Lake) 30min NW of here, I ride that area as well, Bridgeton Stoneham,Bethel and Fryeburg great area

Yeah we took a day ride (first time on a snow machine) out to Bridgeton, Waterford, Bethel, and then west toward fryeburg. Solid day of riding. Going back in late January again. And yes, thats the lake...they were doing races the day I went and it was definitely something I could do many times a year. Those guys are just a passionate about riding as motorcyclists and ski bums! lol

Temp up to 44.8 here on the CT shore. Stiff NE wind. 0.33" in the bucket

Yeah we took a day ride (first time on a snow machine) out to Bridgeton, Waterford, Bethel, and then west toward fryeburg. Solid day of riding. Going back in late January again. And yes, thats the lake...they were doing races the day I went and it was definitely something I could do many times a year. Those guys are just a passionate about riding as motorcyclists and ski bums! lol

Temp up to 44.8 here on the CT shore. Stiff NE wind. 0.33" in the bucket

Yeah, I ride 2,000 miles plus a yr on my sled, 31/17 here

Not that the outcome of precip is effected, but the gradient in a shoreline town during a late fall/early winter event is always awesome to see:

Currently at 11:10pm

Immediate coast (3ft ASL): 48.5/45

1 mile inland (106ft ASL) 46.2/44

IMBY 3 miles inland (192ft ASL) 45.0/43

6 miles inland (450ft ASL) 42.8/41

Not important, but cool to a weather weenie!

when i lived in CT, i always scratched my head how in the he11 branford CT and points east on the CT shoreline ever got snow....felt like the water and terrain combo was deadly for snow

but last year the cleaned up if im not mistaken.

Yeah we got over 70" last year. Did quite well. But yeah, snow lovers are frequently disappointed down this way. why the heck do you think I picked LSC? (besides met, of course!)

Elevation picks up quick between the water and 5 miles inland. Goes from 0 to over 500ft fairly quickly. Huge differences between snow at 0 and at 500....my house casually falls in between. With snow-tober, the beach got zippo, while my house got 5", and my buddy in Killingworth, CT 3 miles north of me got 8.5"

Mixed over to mainly snow at times over the last hour during heavier bouts. Lately it's back to -PL. Still 30.

You'll probably be a mess for the night.

I wonder if few will get above 12". Maybe in the areas earlier mentioned near and ne of IZG...but perhaps 10-12" does it for the all snow areas. I suppose a narrow area could have a bit more.

Archived