joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Pre Turkey Snow Trouncing Obs

dryslot

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay--I'm' fully prepared for a thousand weenies being thrown my way. But.......

what's the likelihood of picking up a little more accummulation from this upon changing back? Kevin things late morning/noon will flip back. Not sure if that's right or what the qpf situation will be once any change back does take place.

32.6/32. Of note is the last several wind readings I've had have been NW......hmmmmmm. (let the weenie toss begin).

Wow, 6" is great! I measured nearly 3" a couple hours ago w/ moderate snow falling so I doubt I have as much. I won't be able to measure again until late tonight, so I'm going to be robbing myself (again) of an accurate measurement.

You must be at work, Raining there i presume?

Great map, Sam. I think you should have eeked that one contour over the Pit as we had 2.5" (I suspect it was higher prior to the heavy mix). :)

Thanks! Definitely happy with it so far. We'll see how the rest of the region fares today. Congrats on your snow! Hopefully we can hold onto some into tomorrow

I just want precip to stop, so I can preserve what I have for tomorrow :)

Well the back edge of the main shield is just entering MA and VT and echos in advance of that are much lighter. That said, there are heavier returns running north of the Mohawk Trail so I'll stay in at least moderate for a while, I guess.

32.7/32

You must be at work, Raining there i presume?

Yes. It was depressing driving from the winter wonderland at home to a driving rainstorm in Portland. But I knew it was going to be like this. Oh, the drive in was terrific ... plows hadn't been out yet and of course there hadn't been much traffic yet at 4:30am, so 35 mph was the fastest I dared.

Yes. It was depressing driving from the winter wonderland at home to a driving rainstorm in Portland. But I knew it was going to be like this. Oh, the drive in was terrific ... plows hadn't been out yet and of course there hadn't been much traffic yet at 4:30am, so 35 mph was the fastest I dared.

Look on the bright side--you'll be driving home from work from wet doldrums into a winter wonderland. :)

I want to return to something other than rn!!!

32.8/32

It's probably snowing on the north side of Back Bay and raining on the south right now.

Look on the bright side--you'll be driving home from work from wet doldrums into a winter wonderland. :)

I want to return to something other than rn!!!

32.8/32

Congrats on the snow. I thought you would start out, but 3" was better than I thought.

Best part is that you beat Pete thanks to our latitude AWT...lol.

Man IZG obs are sick. Saw that 0.20 in 1 hr.

You can see the coastal front and rain/snow line running from between Bath and Boothbay Harbor, through Harpswell, Falmouth, to just south of Gorham before you start to lose it on radar. I can attest from the drive into work it was like a light switch. All rain, then a couple hundred yards of slush before a winter wonderland at Falmouth. You can see the bright banding over Portland, indicating that the melting level is only about 1000 feet off the deck.

Back to the west you can see some bright banding showing the mixing in New Hampshire.

Archived