joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Pre Turkey Snow Trouncing Obs

dryslot

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like some of you in NNE made out well with this event. Congrats. PSF and AQW had not one frozen or freezing ob. Typical SWFE torch (well, almost) and rain on the west slope of the Berks. I'm actually in sunny, warm Florida for Thanksgiving, and given the PSF obs, I'm actually glad I didn't miss this. Sounds kinda nasty. I hate missing a good snow just to my N with cold rain.

As I thought...all snow for you Gene. :) Under 1" of glop here... But the entire event until the last 30 minutes was below freezing, quite a pretty sight encased in ice.

9:15am 29.9F light snow vis 1 mile. Finally went out and took some measurements 9 1/4". We have had no mixing. Actually a bit of blowing snow too but the 9 1/4" is accurate!

Nice read through the thread this morning! Congrats everyone!

Kind of a c*** block here.. win some you lose some...

Enjoy up north! Everything seems to have high qpf this year

And what a gradient it was as you guys discussed. My grandma live in N MHT and didn't even know it snowed...all she has to do is go a few miles north for appreciative accumulation. My other grandma lives in Biddeford, ME just south of Scarborough and Portland and I haven't talked to her but I'm guessing she stayed all rain. Both on the gradients for this storm lol.

31.8F with just some very light snow grains falling. It must be just cold enough in that low level layer for some nucleation. I went out to do the final snow core since winds are now gusting over 20mph and it's just down to weenie crystals.

Total...

7.4" snow/sleet

1.07" w.e.

Congrats on upping your November average from .9" to 2.0" with one storm. weight_lift.gif

Archived