• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NNE Pre Turkey Snow Trouncing Obs

dryslot

flakes are getting larger and I choose to interpret that as better snow growth rather than an approaching changeover...lol. Haven't measured but at least 4 inches of cement. If you are already close to 6 then I am probably over 5. I thinking I am 8-10 miles wsw of Brian and the snow is increasing in the last few minutes

I expect to flip about 15 mins after you.

6am

32.2F moderate snow

6.2" new snow

1.0" last hour

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect to flip about 15 mins after you.

6am

32.2F moderate snow

6.2" new snow

1.0" last hour

Was snowing here at 5am has since turned to sleet maybe 2.5 inches. Could've been three and the sleet knocked it down a bit.

Any chance of that backside flip back to snow or is the dryslot going to make precipitation showery?

Was snowing here at 5am has since turned to sleet maybe 2.5 inches. Could've been three and the sleet knocked it down a bit.

Any chance of that backside flip back to snow or is the dryslot going to make precipitation showery?

I personally think we're done after it changes over. Not bad for November though. This is more November snow than all of my seasons combined since I moved here in 2006. It's been a heck of a way to run a torch autumn with 2-3 solid snow events.

heavier echoes building in, snowing harder, better flakes, gonna take the pup out and measure. notice sleety looking echoes just ne of con, but holding on back up here

I don't know how you're not sleet yet. :lol: You've got some bright banding over you too so your flakes should at least be getting a little mangled now. Some of my larger aggregates are getting mangled (refrozen) so it's iffy up there around 750-800mb.

I personally think we're done after it changes over. Not bad for November though. This is more November snow than all of my seasons combined since I moved here in 2006. It's been a heck of a way to run a torch autumn with 2-3 solid snow events.

Best torch autumn ever! Im impressed with fall in general. It has definitely made waiting for winter easier not having to wait for that first snowstorm.

Pingers bouncing off the window at a pretty good rate. Maybe I can get some sleet accumulation.

31F at Peru since midnight...probably some big time icing there.

I think you're right. I've had a couple cars drive pas t this morning, and they've been going pretty gingerly.

It appears I was sub-freezing until 4:00a.m. and then have bounced between freezing and 32.4. Edit that--have spiked to 32.6. A new high.

6.5" at 6:30am up at the ski resort base (1,550ft)... just dumping 1"/hr or even a bit better now.

Perfect early dawn feel of a snowstorm on a ski morning... beeping wails of the snowcats as they back up is the only sound amid the falling flakes.

Looks to be about the same here. I've only looked out the window, haven't ventured outside yet.

still mod snow but crunchy and def changing over some. 5.5 inches....i'm sure theres been compression so have had more than 6. 2 branches down in my yard and popping sounds in the woods

This is an 8-9:1 snow so there isn't too much compression. Still snow here too, but I confirm the refrozen flakes. There are some dendrites/plates surviving intact though despite the 35-40dBZ echoes.

Morning, Made the 1st obs for here SN 32.4F 6.0" snow on the ground

Congrats, Jeff!

This is an 8-9:1 snow so there isn't too much compression. Still snow here too, but I confirm the refrozen flakes. There are some dendrites/plates surviving intact though despite the 35-40dBZ echoes.

That's a great point. I guess I probably didn't have much compression taking place.

Event totals: 7.1” Snow/0.76” L.E.

Snow started up around 11:05 P.M. last night as I noted; it started to accumulate right at that point with a temperature of 32 F, but it took some time to ramp up in intensity. The last time I checked outside in the evening was probably around 11:45 P.M., and the accumulation on the board was still less than half an inch, but snowfall intensity was at least moderate. With 7.1 inches on the board this morning at the 6:00 A.M. observation time, the snowfall rate comes in at a bit over an inch an hour for the overnight period. There was a good amount of liquid in the 7.1-inch snow core; at ~¾ of an inch of liquid, it's on the higher end of what I usually get with the 6 to 12 hour intervals. The snow is a bit dense/wet, as indicated by the roughly 9 to 1 ratio.

Some details from the 6:00 A.M. observations are below:

New Snow: 7.1 inches

New Liquid: 0.76 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 9.3

Snow Density: 10.7% H2O

Temperature: 32.0 F

Sky: Snow (2-8 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 7.0 inches

Archived