joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Pre Turkey Snow Trouncing Obs

dryslot

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m at home and it’s still snowing, so I’ll try to continue with some hourly snowfall observations at time permits. With 1.8” on the board at the 8:00 A.M. reading, the snowfall has stayed at 0.9”/hr as it was the previous hour. It doesn’t seem like it’s snowing that hard based on visibility or local observation, but it’s still pretty early in the season so it may take a bit of time to get back into the swing of things in terms of estimating snowfall intensity.

Time | Total snow on snowboard

6:00 A.M. | 0.0”

7:00 A.M. | 0.9”

8:00 A.M. | 1.8”

Very happy with my snow forecast so far. I don't even think I'm going to get burned too badly on my guess at the rain/snow line. Portland may just pick up their couple inches in the next hour or so.

You guys essentially nailed the snow gradient back this way. My dad in Hooksett said they had maybe 1/2".

I deal with that all the time working in SECT but living in Central NECT at elevation.Many a day I wanted to leave work, it is awesome though driving into a winter wonderland at the end of the day. Something to be said for that.

The life of inland living and working near the coast, 32.5F here winds are starting to pick up

Very happy with my snow forecast so far. I don't even think I'm going to get burned too badly on my guess at the rain/snow line. Portland may just pick up their couple inches in the next hour or so.

Yeah looks good. Mean while, pouring rain here and 46.

What a tease if you live in PWM though. My buddy is an OCM there, and he and I were talking about PWM proper and how it might be really tough for them with those dam east winds. Meanwhile it pounds like 10 miles nw.

This was the "best" snow ob of the event for MHT. lol

METAR KMHT 230853Z 04006KT 2SM RASNPL BR BKN010 OVC020 02/01 A3000 RMK AO2 SNB24PLB51 SLP175 P0015 60037 T00170006 56056 =

We were joking about how 20 miles meant everything...lol. SWFE never disappoint when it comes to that. My friend lives in Hooksett and I told him to prepare for a pelt fest...looked tough to get much snow there.

I’m at home and it’s still snowing, so I’ll try to continue with some hourly snowfall observations at time permits. With 1.8” on the board at the 8:00 A.M. reading, the snowfall has stayed at 0.9”/hr as it was the previous hour. It doesn’t seem like it’s snowing that hard based on visibility or local observation, but it’s still pretty early in the season so it may take a bit of time to get back into the swing of things in terms of estimating snowfall intensity.

Time | Total snow on snowboard

6:00 A.M. | 0.0”

7:00 A.M. | 0.9”

8:00 A.M. | 1.8”

There was 7" on the trunk of my car at 7:00 and has continued snowing pretty steadily so I would guess we are roughly the same since then. Good call staying home, I-89 was awful from exit 6 north to exit 8. Saw several trucks off on the southbound side of the hill coming out of Montpelier.

This was the "best" snow ob of the event for MHT. lol

METAR KMHT 230853Z 04006KT 2SM RASNPL BR BKN010 OVC020 02/01 A3000 RMK AO2 SNB24PLB51 SLP175 P0015 60037 T00170006 56056 =

Thanks for reminding me... meh it's only NOV

Enjoy the upcoming torch!

That snow map last night really depicted it well.

Ask Kevin about gradients in SWFE.

Now I watch the dry slot. Looks to me like it will slide ENE from here, probably keeping the IZG area in the steady precip until the low pulls east. Tough to gauge with the poor radar coverage in eastern Vermont.

Archived