joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Late Fall & Early Winter

Allenson

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I can see, it looks like 1999 would be the only December to not receive measurable snowfall. They traced three times that December, but didn't measure until January 16th.

Decembers of 1953 and 1957 also measured less than an inch, but every other December had an inch or greater.

And it looks like this little surprise might keep us from getting shut out this December.

1.8" overnight.

Nice! Maybe I'll have some additional accums when I get home... it was snowing pretty hard when I left the house at 4:45am this morning with 1.3" down.

It is still snowing up at the mountain as of 9am. Beautiful dendrites floating down. This is the upslope fluff I'm used to. Us and Smuggs are reporting up to 3" of new snow. Jay showed 3-4".

skipped out of bed to the sound of the plow truck, looks about the same as everyone else, mountains are shrouded and some light snow globe ongoing here on the opposite side of the valley.

the extended from NWS doesn't look so bad for the upcoming week. maybe we see sub 0F for the first of the season tonight.

nice pull out the puffy jacket finally

enjoy everyone

Nary a flake here - the action stayed west and/or south. My father in law just called from Topsham to say it was snowing fairly hard there. Clouds appear ready to break up a bit, much less dark than an hour ago.

I'm glad I threw out a SPS this morning. First snow in a while, coupled with briefly 1/2 SM visibilities and slick roads is not a good combo.

Got to vent. I hate when my town does this. We had nice clean roads after the past rain and we got perhaps 1/4" of snow earlier this morning which of course sublimented (did I spell that right?) away. They dumped tons of salt over everything and now all the cars will be salt covered till we get a good snow (or rain) to clean them off. A huge waste of tax money for nothing and makes a mess of everything!

Archived