Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

Uh oh...my wind is east

We're pretty cooked in the CP so far, we'll see how much dynamics can cool things off. I'm thinking the coastal front and onshore flow will win round 1 until the winds shift for round 2. Once they shift it's going to absolutely be ripping here.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies for my last post, UML's weatherbug stopped reporting at around 7 AM. Have moved my observations to a reporting station about a half mile away. Where it is currently 38.5 and dropping with wind out of the north. Looks like we are in for a doozie. Especially those just outside of 128 as we look to avoid any dryslot issues and stay mostly snow. I am working till 10 tonight so it appears that it should be ripping outside as I leave work. So guesses on who loses their power first?

Apologies for my last post, UML's weatherbug stopped reporting at around 7 AM. Have moved my observations to a reporting station about a half mile away. Where it is currently 38.5 and dropping with wind out of the north. Looks like we are in for a doozie. Especially those just outside of 128 as we look to avoid any dryslot issues and stay mostly snow. I am working till 10 tonight so it appears that it should be ripping outside as I leave work. So guesses on who loses their power first?

ya that seemed too low looking at the mesomap ..

37.8 / 33 snow started about 15 mins ago , temp has dropped 1.5 degrees since.

neat wv loop as this system is absorbing the trop moisture / remnants of rina off the florida coast

Any idea on BOX's motives in dropping totals region wide?

Here's my forecast now.

This Afternoon: Rain, mainly after 3pm. Patchy fog after 5pm. High near 43. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tonight: Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 8pm. Patchy fog before 8pm, then Patchy fog after 9pm. Low around 35. Breezy, with a north wind between 17 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

No mention of snow. yikes.png

***WEENIE SUICIDE WATCH****in effect

Here's my forecast now.

This Afternoon: Rain, mainly after 3pm. Patchy fog after 5pm. High near 43. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tonight: Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 8pm. Patchy fog before 8pm, then Patchy fog after 9pm. Low around 35. Breezy, with a north wind between 17 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

No mention of snow. yikes.png

No way you get 0 and I get 1-3 :lmao: What a horrid forecast

interesting...BOX upped here from 7-11 to 8-12

light snow here at 38F. Even though it was snowing just 40 hours ago, its nice to see it during the daylight again.

Mine is now for rain this afternoon and 3-7 tonight. The 3-7 might end up right, but the rain is kind of funny. Still wiating for something other than clouds and a breeze.

Archived