Newest Member
    joxey
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was my impression that would not be an effect except inside 495, or even 128

Euro is not out yet but the NAM pretty clearly showed what's happening even at my house right now. As dynamic cooling kicked in we actually reach the critical 1000-850mb CT all the way to the coast for a few hours right about now. Then it rockets NW back to about I95 by dinner. I think for this minute BOX is wise in doing what they did.

Again pending the Euro and trends.

At least on the NAM we have this wave of cooling but it's beaten back about 5-9pm by the onslaught from the east. Take a look at the NAM graphics for surface temps at 3z tonight, it's a little warm back into RI/I95 and SE CT. Not saying it's right, but the warm ocean is a force to be reckoned with until we get a more land based trajectory.

The guy that posted the map I think from the NECN forecaster that had the 2-5" cutting through SE CT RI and MA....thta still looks closest to correct at least based on what we have now as the major change zone plus/minus.

Outages just starting to ramp up in CT, Biggest problems are in SW CT right now where it has been snowing the longest. Can't remember the last time show fell on foliated trees at lower elevations like this. More and more reports of trees/limps/etc down and power flickering coming from the NYC thread. From that thread once you hit 2-3" branches and small trees are going to start to fall.

Archived