amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dighton is a tough call. It looks liek there will be a burst that "could" change them to snow in the next few hours. Then maybe a quick lull where it changes back over before the wrap around where they get 3-6 or 4-8"

same goes for Easton too.

I think the final change to snow comes between 830 and 1030 in that area.

We are trying to mix/change here right now, so I don't think areas inland will have much trouble once the wind trajectory changes. My temp diving into the 40ish range now. INCREDIBLE

I'd like to see the DP drop into the mid 30's(34-36F) before I get excited about snow. It's still hovering just under 40F.

thinking 3-6/4-8 for the area along Bay Rd up through Easton into Stoughton.

Same probably down bay road into taunton....3-6/4-8 with "maybe" less than that to the east but it's a tough call. Need to see the trends in the next hour or two. Euro has winds coming N pretty quick. I've got to think the added land and changing trajectory will change many around Bob to snow soon. But it may be a very wet non accumulating snow until after dark.

thinking 3-6/4-8 for the area along Bay Rd up through Easton into Stoughton.

Same probably down bay road into taunton....3-6/4-8 with "maybe" less than that to the east but it's a tough call. Need to see the trends in the next hour or two. Euro has winds coming N pretty quick. I've got to think the added land and changing trajectory will change many around Bob to snow soon. But it may be a very wet non accumulating snow until after dark.

I like that for the northern tip of 128 too by my area/Ray's area. Looking at my window at the hill...all 100' oaks and 95 percent green leaves.

Also winds are still ENE. Need a more NE/N trajectory too.

The KTAN office should jump pretty quickly more NNE in the next 2 hours. That's the toss up, those 3-5 hours as winds hang at maybe 15-30 degrees before going more straight north about 10ish. At that point it should make the full change but it's questionable...you may be able to make hay before then?

thats really intresting .. im ~4 mi SSE of you at similiar elevation and its not sticking here at all yet, barely a coating on the deck

To be honest, there's nothing on the road or driveway at all anymore. There was a skim coating on the driveway and it looked like it was starting on the road, but then the precip rates let up. With the temp still at 35F, it melted. Very light snow here, and it was ripping earlier.

There's about 1/4" on the deck, car tops, grass.

That DS making it into NYC makes it a little precarious for a few hours there.

The DS is a bear. I mean nasty.

http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/satellite/displaySat.php?region=BWI&itype=wv&size=large&endDate=20111029&endTime=-1&duration=6

I realize for most of us on the eastern side of this snow event it's a comma wrap that does the trick, but holy DS.

Looks like in the last frame or two its about to get blunted ENE

g13.2011302.1815_US_wv.jpg

Archived