Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will put this in the obs thread, but putting it here as well. The snow is INSANE in western Franklin County. We had our first flakes at 2:15 or so. Less than two houros later, I'm over 3". Ridiculous. Just drove my daughter's friend home. 1 mile down the road. 4 cars off of Route 2. For those of us on the NW fringe of this--its' one heck of a fringe.

30.3/29

Exactly the same here... started at 2:15 (I was in the store and saw it start, checked time)

3.5" (at least...that was a little while ago)

Wish Wachusett was open

post-270-0-68412400-1319918925.jpg

Thundstorm with rotation over LIS? 32.1 and 5" of mashed potatoes. Trees and branches cracking all over the place!

Rotating Thunderstorm (Q8)Max Reflectivity:38 dBZSevere Hail:0% Chance Hail:0% ChanceMax Hail Size:0.00 in.Echo Top:8,000 ft.Vert. Integrated Liquid:1 kg/m²Speed:76 mph (66 knots)Direction (from):SSW (211)Radar Site:OKX

Guys - Really really scared here. Still Pouring Rain, losing time. Is it really snowing just West of me in Foster / Scituate? I have a gig tonight in Cranston and I want to turn the board over before I leave in 30 minutes. Don't want to turn it over until it starts snowing.

Give it time. The storm just started a few hours ago.

Give it time. The storm just started a few hours ago.

Bob what do you think for your area?

About 9-10 it should flip and the snows should be incredible until about 2-3am as they translate NE. I miss the best of it, but should still get a good hit.

I'm thinking total whiteout from Boston to Providence, to Taunton and Brockton later.

Will put this in the obs thread, but putting it here as well. The snow is INSANE in western Franklin County. We had our first flakes at 2:15 or so. Less than two houros later, I'm over 3". Ridiculous. Just drove my daughter's friend home. 1 mile down the road. 4 cars off of Route 2. For those of us on the NW fringe of this--its' one heck of a fringe.

30.3/29

Go Mike! Hop you are out walking around. Not started yet here....kinda jealous that you guys are getting into the good stuff during the day. Then again I might be having some fun tomorrow morn.

Archived