Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That dry slot in eastern CT is worrisome..

Euro had a decent handle on it. But it's a little more extensive than most thought I think. ML drying very evident into NE MA already. You'll get yours weatherfella..

R/S should stop about where it is now in MASS for a few hours, probably start moving again about 9-930. If it keeps moving now it'll be a good indication the storm is further seaward than modeled.

Euro had a decent handle on it. But it's a little more extensive than most thought I think. ML drying very evident into NE MA already. You'll get yours weatherfella..

R/S should stop about where it is now in MASS for a few hours, probably start moving again about 9-930. If it keeps moving now it'll be a good indication the storm is further seaward than modeled.

I think it was the NAM that nailed it out here Scott. Prolific snows.

Upton pointed out the approaching dryslot in their AFD but still went for 10-14" in northern New London and all of Middlesex counties. 2-6" in southern New London county. I'm stuck between the warning and advisory area with a grid forecast of 6-10".

I think they may have overcompensated but they seem pretty confident that the dryslot will fill in 'as the h5 low approaches.'

Missing out on the first half of the storm isn't so bad with the bad ratios and sunlight.. as long as we get a good second half finish we'll get some good accums.

Upton pointed out the approaching dryslot in their AFD but still went for 10-14" in northern New London and all of Middlesex counties. 2-6" in southern New London county. I'm stuck between the warning and advisory area with a grid forecast of 6-10".

I think they may have overcompensated but they seem pretty confident that the dryslot will fill in 'as the h5 low approaches.'

Missing out on the first half of the storm isn't so bad with the bad ratios and sunlight.. as long as we get a good second half finish we'll get some good accums.

You didn't get anything from that batch this afternoon? I was driving through that band out your way, it was ripping for a while there from East Lyme down to about Milford. Looked like you should have gotten at least some minor accumulations out of that. Weird that OKX has 6-10 across southern New London tonight but has that zone only in an advisory. Must be a mistake, either accums or the advisory will be corrected I imagine.

I think it was the NAM that nailed it out here Scott. Prolific snows.

You get prolific snows if Kevin farts to the NW. That said if you look at the amount the 18z trimmed per the NAM, vs the 12z Euro...they were about equally wrong for your area but still good. NAM overshot by about the same amount the Euro undershot, but people only remember the positive busts in that regard.

In terms of track and temp profiles, no contest, the Euro won.

You get prolific snows if Kevin farts to the NW. That said if you look at the amount the 18z trimmed per the NAM, vs the 12z Euro...they were about equally wrong for your area but still good. NAM overshot by about the same amount the Euro undershot, but people only remember the positive busts in that regard.

In terms of track and temp profiles, no contest, the Euro won.

Well, if the Euro painted a general 12-24" snowfall here then it did indeed win. This is an epic smackdown.

Archived