amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow pow still on... but.. internet is down ... have 10" here in Ridgefield ... awaiting one final band and hope to break 1'

Question: have a power line to the house with a limb on it... sagging considerably. My gf is worried about the house catching fire... any suggestions on what to do?

Somehow pow still on... but.. internet is down ... have 10" here in Ridgefield ... awaiting one final band and hope to break 1'

Question: have a power line to the house with a limb on it... sagging considerably. My gf is worried about the house catching fire... any suggestions on what to do?

Nothing. Hope that the limb falls off. Call the power company or fire department if it arcs, but don't mess with it. If the line drops you get cooked.

We are going to have some wicked lift translate east tonight but will it be in the best snow growth region?

SkiMRG while it's updating take a look at the 12z 18z and 0z NAM. You can see the 0z NAM shoved everything SE on the northwest fringe more in line with the Euro. I know you got blasted, but that was well predicted by the pros and everyone else here.

Overall the Euro rocked.

Can we get an updated one of those maps Scott? I can't see to find the same thing on w xtap.

SkiMRG while it's updating take a look at the 12z 18z and 0z NAM. You can see the 0z NAM shoved everything SE on the northwest fringe more in line with the Euro. I know you got blasted, but that was well predicted by the pros and everyone else here.

Overall the Euro rocked.

Can we get an updated one of those maps Scott? I can't see to find the same thing on w xtap.

What map?

post-33-0-15072400-1319939888.gif

Thanks Scott, I really appreciate it.

Looking at the 0z NAM it's probably the most impressive it's modeled the CCB cutting across eatsern MA to date?

Should be wicked for many of you, probably shouldn't have jumped ship on the earlier accums!

EDIT: Can also see the r/s line collapsing near Canton from the north. Here comes the cold. By 1am I'm thinking it's cold enough to snow everywhere west of 3a.

Thanks Scott, I really appreciate it.

Looking at the 0z NAM it's probably the most impressive it's modeled the CCB cutting across eatsern MA to date?

Should be wicked for many of you, probably shouldn't have jumped ship on the earlier accums!

EDIT: Can also see the r/s line collapsing near Canton from the north. Here comes the cold. By 1am I'm thinking it's cold enough to snow everywhere west of 3a.

Going to unplug the toaster and drain the tub....

I hate being on the back end of things though because as Ray says, time is short.

Traffic cams are cool in RI, MA should make access to this stuff. Right on the MA/RI border everything is white.

http://www.tmc.dot.r...terMapView.aspx#

I'm right by the 495/138 interchange and it's straight rain

38.4/37

I think if I drive 5-10 miles to my west (maybe towards rehoboth) it's hit the r/s line

I'm right by the 495/138 interchange and it's straight rain

38.4/37

I think if I drive 5-10 miles to my west (maybe towards rehoboth) it's hit the r/s line

Same temp up 138 about 7 miles. Radar returns show the change is there, yet temps are still 38. It's a real struggle, looks like it's taking a wind west of north to change. In the end the warm ocean is winning for a bit, but as the storm gets east of our W/E temps are going to collapse quickly.

Anyone have any ground truth near the CF in E MA? Incredible to watch the inflow push NW and hit the brick wall. Stoughton, Canton? 25-30 dbz to the SE and fizzle to nothing in the cold zone.

I think i'm a couple miles to the east of the CF...Pouring rain and temps very steady. Haven't budged in a long time

38.4/37

1.17" of liquid gold!!! Looking forward to mowing the lawn tomorrow when the skies clear

Archived