Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess:

R/s line pushes to near Rte 24 by 8-830pm.

By about 2z it should be nearing Bob's house, close to if not east of the Rte 44/495 cross

By 11 it should have changed even down by lakeville, north of there as you work closer to the water it could still be mixed/raining.

By 12-1 it'll be snowing at the new mall in Wareham and over the 495/195 split. Maybe right up to about the Rte 3 area (just west) near Exit 5-6 in Plymouth.

Will take until 1-2 to flip east of there.

Low looks to be due south of Block right now.

Totals for my area raised to 6-10"

This is for ORH

Tonight: Snow. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 28. Blustery, with a north wind between 17 and 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 11 to 15 inches possible.

I mean wtf

Boston updated:

Boston Forecast

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EDT SUNDAY... ...HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM EDT SUNDAY... ...COASTAL FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 5 AM EDT SUNDAY...

.TONIGHT...SNOW...RAIN WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS THIS EVENING... THEN SNOW WITH ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS AFTER MIDNIGHT. PATCHY FOG THIS EVENING. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 6 INCHES. WINDY AND COLD. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE MID 30S. NORTH WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR 100 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY...CLOUDY WITH SNOW WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE MORNING... THEN MOSTLY SUNNY IN THE AFTERNOON. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 8 INCHES. WINDY WITH HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH...DECREASING TO 40 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 80 PERCENT.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...CLEAR. COLD WITH LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH IN THE EVENING.

.MONDAY...SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 40S. NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 5 MPH...BECOMING SOUTHEAST IN THE AFTERNOON.

Wind is screaming now.

We've been lucky in the northern part of the valley little wind to speak of which is probably the only reason I still have power. Lights are out a 1/4 mile on either side of my area and when I was out grilling i heard a branch snap about every 2 minutes.

Here are the outage maps for Ma. :

http://www1.nationalgridus.com/nantucket/stormcenter/

http://www.wmeco.com/outage/outagemap.aspx

Tonight: Snow. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 30. Blustery, with a north wind between 18 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Sunday: Rain and snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain between noon and 1pm. Some thunder is also possible. High near 43. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 18 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Archived