amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The DS is messing around with things, as the best lift is below the DGZ. If this were winter, it would be ripping because the airmass would have been colder and the DGZ would have been lower. Pete has been smacked in the DGZ all day. That area was pegged really well. Things should shift to the east as the night goes on.

The DS is messing around with things, as the best lift is below the DGZ. If this were winter, it would be ripping because the airmass would have been colder and the DGZ would have been lower. Pete has been smacked in the DGZ all day. That area was pegged really well. Things should shift to the east as the night goes on.

Will told us that, he expected premature toaster baths in my area. Wow on WMASS they break 26 inches

Just back from picking up my daughter in Newton. Decent snow there with roads covered..this is behind the Atrium Mall. Coming home on rt 9, similar conds until the Brookline Reservoir. Coming down the hill made a big difference. Just a coating here so far.

What a stubborn coastal front. Nothing here in Milton, 35

Dry slot is pretty hardcore, above 700mb at least. Low-level vertical motion is very strong over central and eastern areas..but it's too dry above 700mb to really go to town. I mentioned the dry slot earlier...but I thought maybe the strong vertical motions would overwhelm it.

Wxforecasters second s/w is piling in now. Hopefully we see the CCB really expode in the next hour.

Not sure I buy the CCB of death much below the MA Pike but we'll see. Centers seem pretty far north but not toaster time yet. Spin evident on radar has again slowed the progress of r/s line and radar not great.

Mart has Vineyard just had a gust to 53 mph.

Gusting to 45 here now. 40.8

R/S stuck again. Actually maybe retrograding a smidge. It had almost changed entirely along Borderland in Sharon but is back to mainly rain. Looks to me like the center got more north than it did east the last 120 minutes.

I've got to give it to the 18z NAM (and to an extent the 12z)...looking at radar and everything else pretty clear at this 0z-3z timeframe it's nailed the location of the 8h and developing mid level center. 8h is going to roll right over ACK.

About to pull the plug on Bob's area and just to the north towards Easton/Sharon etc.

They may all see 1-3/2-4" on the back side, but that band may also mostly pass by to the north a few miles. Norwood should get it good, maybe canton maybe down to easton...up through Boston.

Maybe a coating or some flurries here.

snowing harder than I thought. Up to 6 inches now. temp hasn't dropped much at all. sitting right at 30.3

ooops...wrong thread for obs.

But it interesting to watch that long enhanced band that goes from rockford me through south central and sw nh into mass and eny. that is one long band with some areas of extreme enhancement. The wester part is now pivoting and reorienting n/s while the rest of the band stays ene-wsw. I wonder how this band will evolve?

Archived