• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

Wind direction. R/s going to get hung up for at least a few hours now. Very slow progress east.

Pete BTW if you buy the 18z NAM, it starts to shut you down in the next 2-3.5 hours. Not that it matters.

At the snowfall rates we're currently seeing that's another 9+". I don't think it's going to shutdown that fast. Even if it stopped now the damage is done.lol

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't get anything from that batch this afternoon? I was driving through that band out your way, it was ripping for a while there from East Lyme down to about Milford. Looked like you should have gotten at least some minor accumulations out of that. Weird that OKX has 6-10 across southern New London tonight but has that zone only in an advisory. Must be a mistake, either accums or the advisory will be corrected I imagine.

Southern New London has advisory 2-6

Northern New London has warning 10-14

I'm right on the edge between the two with a point and click of 6-10. The problem is the gradient is too sharp and the county is just split into northern and southern traditionally. They should probably just do wider range of 6-12" for everyone away from the coast, since I think 10-14" is too much given the dryslot.

I have .5" left over from the first batch.. it might have gotten up to 1" while I was out but melted during the dryslot. The hill up the road still has 1.75" at just 300' higher.

Archived