• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

Anyone have any ground truth near the CF in E MA? Incredible to watch the inflow push NW and hit the brick wall. Stoughton, Canton? 25-30 dbz to the SE and fizzle to nothing in the cold zone.

I can tell you for absolute certain that as of 10pm it was about 38 degrees just south of the Easton/Sharon border with rain and just a few flakes mixed in. Still too much marine influence.

R/S is collapsing now....finally. Should be at Bobs house in the next 45-60 minutes.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come to the obs thread folks. I mentioned being in Coolidge Corner 30 minutes ago.....snow ripping and covering the major thoroughfares.

Did anyone catch this from Taunton's WSFO AFD??? Honestly is this freaken Jan or October??? Honestly!

WE ADJUSTED SNOW TOTALS IN THE FORECAST UP A FEW INCHES IN NORTHWEST MASS AND SOUTHWEST NH...GENERAL RULE WHERE IT IS SNOWING WOULD BE TO ADD 5 TO 8 MORE INCHES TO THE TOTAL. IN THE SLOPES TO THE BERKS AND IN THE MONADNOCKS 15-20 INCHES IN THE HILLS AND A FEW 20-25 INCHERS WOULD BE REASONABLE. ALSO A MAX ACCUM AREA IN THE WORCESTER HILLS WITH MAX VALUES 15-20 INCHES.

Anyone have any ground truth near the CF in E MA? Incredible to watch the inflow push NW and hit the brick wall. Stoughton, Canton? 25-30 dbz to the SE and fizzle to nothing in the cold zone.

It's been snowing pretty good for the last hour and a half. just a few miles into the cold zone (near stony brook/jamaica pond) Nothing to compare with the amazing stuff out west but it's been quite windy and wintry here. probably 3/4 of an inch in the last hour or so and it's sticking to everything - roads, sidewalks trees. Things are starting to get bendy, and expect problems to occur once we get over 3 inches.

Did anyone catch this from Taunton's WSFO AFD??? Honestly is this freaken Jan or October??? Honestly!

WE ADJUSTED SNOW TOTALS IN THE FORECAST UP A FEW INCHES IN NORTHWEST MASS AND SOUTHWEST NH...GENERAL RULE WHERE IT IS SNOWING WOULD BE TO ADD 5 TO 8 MORE INCHES TO THE TOTAL. IN THE SLOPES TO THE BERKS AND IN THE MONADNOCKS 15-20 INCHES IN THE HILLS AND A FEW 20-25 INCHERS WOULD BE REASONABLE. ALSO A MAX ACCUM AREA IN THE WORCESTER HILLS WITH MAX VALUES 15-20 INCHES.

Let's see. I'm at 15", add 5-8... 20-23"

Not too shabby.

AGT

G is for Ginxy, that's good enough for me

It's been snowing pretty good for the last hour and a half. just a few miles into the cold zone (near stony brook/jamaica pond) Nothing to compare with the amazing stuff out west but it's been quite windy and wintry here. probably 3/4 of an inch in the last hour or so and it's sticking to everything - roads, sidewalks trees. Things are starting to get bendy, and expect problems to occur once we get over 3 inches.

I've got barely a coating here mostly on car tops, temp is down to 30.5

Banding is just sitting over the office. Ripping...at least an inch an hour now. Might be the pivot point here which could yield pretty big numbers...although not as big as western MA.

rapidly approaching a foot here man. 8 inches at 10 so probably 10 now, as it is really snowing hard. 2 inches from 9pm-10pm. Did you see the report of 15 in Bow?

Banding is just sitting over the office. Ripping...at least an inch an hour now. Might be the pivot point here which could yield pretty big numbers...although not as big as western MA.

What a text book example of frontogenesis/deformation in western mass and even up by you. Those echoes pivot nw into that band, and that band just sits there and sucks in those smaller bands.

What a text book example of frontogenesis/deformation in western mass and even up by you. Those echoes pivot nw into that band, and that band just sits there and sucks in those smaller bands.

Scott, how much longer can this snowgasm last?

I think I added another inch since I let the dog out (and shovelled for him...)

Insanity

No, I didn't see that.

further back in this thread or maybe the obs. They had a long period of 30+dbz down there...I'm 15 miles nw of downtown Concord. The snow is fluffy here and I imagine accumulating better up here than by you near the ocean? that band looks like it wants to stay put though and is back building west of CON

I wish he would've posted more today, but I'm sure he was busy.

Congrats on 11,000 posts weenie.

I have yet to add a single useful thing to this board.

The kook thing came from Friday morning (I think - maybe Thursday?). One of his clients called him a kook for forecasting heavy snow,

They are getting 20"+ tonight

Archived