Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think the general public is taking this too seriously...I mean, BOX has me getting like 4" for some reason.

Gardner, MA Stop & Shop was pretty packed, by yeah... general indifference. Even in the store people were like 8" of snow? No big deal...

They forgot to account for the leaves

3.0" OTG so far

Gardner, MA Stop & Shop was pretty packed, by yeah... general indifference. Even in the store people were like 8" of snow? No big deal...

They forgot to account for the leaves

3.0" OTG so far

I know.... The fact that this type of event has never happened in 140 years has me really worried about damage.

Should we in the Pioneer Valley be worried about power outages like CT is experiencing now? Will it be prolonged or a short few hours without power?

Yes and no. Yes there are a lot of leaves on the trees - a lot more than there are in towns that have 100% power out right now. No because it appears in nowcast mode the heaviest will not fall in the valley.....of course I hope that changes, but just being realistic for now.

Will put this in the obs thread, but putting it here as well. The snow is INSANE in western Franklin County. We had our first flakes at 2:15 or so. Less than two houros later, I'm over 3". Ridiculous. Just drove my daughter's friend home. 1 mile down the road. 4 cars off of Route 2. For those of us on the NW fringe of this--its' one heck of a fringe.

30.3/29

Archived