joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - IV

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No we are screwed for a while on the coast. NYC's longitude is helping them out.

It went from 48 to 43 here in minutes. Just back 3 miles it's about 41 already. It's ridic that it's this cold already but the water will mitigate snow threats here for most of the storm. Rain is falling in snow waves like we see just before a dynamic induced changeover...but it's just a tease I think.

HRRR and RUC stabalized to some extent but they still are running colder with each run. Scott I think Weatherfella is going to get nailed, but we shall see how the cookie crumbles in the next few hours.

If you get an amazing, unprecedented early season snow storm, but you can't post(3G), shower(generator), cook generator), , or seegenerator), ....is it really awesome...things that make ya go "hmm"...

I learned my lesson in Irene, willl enjoy it even if I did not have power. but I understand what you are saying, but we are who we are, would not change it for a minute.

35 to 40 mph this evening G 55 mph...then a lull...then NNW 40 G 60-80 tomorrow near and just after dawn

that would be a safe bet i think.

NAM MET (FWIW) actually has a 41knot sustained at PVC - i don't know if i've ever seen that.

Great. Thanks. Here's a live link to my wx station in case you missed it earlier. Cheers.

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/stormsurf/index.php?view=summary&headers=1

I know it's an ob, but temp still plummeting here. We aren't this cold during similar storms in January. I'm about to bust into the 42's.

Monster drops falling

RUC outside it's range but pretty much throughout each new run the trend to colder rules as well as slightly ESE, really setting up incredibly well for most of you.

Current run vs run from 2 hours ago for the same time tonight.

rucollapse.gif

Archived