October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh. MORE thundersnow?

Just what I need.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

So Guys - I confirmed with a friend that was on 93 that BOTH Thundersnow And Lightningsnow occured yesterday. So - if these happen again, would it be beYond all amazement that Thunder and Lightning Snow occured twice in October? Or is it more likely that it occur in the Very early part of the season vs. January / February?

I mean I've only heard Thunder about 3 times, and Lightning Once (12/9/05) so for Both of these Twice in a few days seems absurd and Twice in a few days IN October seems off the universe charts....

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

So Guys - I confirmed with a friend that was on 93 that BOTH Thundersnow And Lightningsnow occured yesterday. So - if these happen again, would it be beYond all amazement that Thunder and Lightning Snow occured twice in October? Or is it more likely that it occur in the Very early part of the season vs. January / February?

I mean I've only heard Thunder about 3 times, and Lightning Once (12/9/05) so for Both of these Twice in a few days seems absurd and Twice in a few days IN October seems off the universe charts....

Prepare to engage in serious sledding

Just look at this forecast for Watertown, CT: Saturday: Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 3pm. High near 37. Northeast wind between 8 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 31. Blustery, with a north wind between 17 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

UNFATHOMABLE!!!

Just look at this forecast for Watertown, CT: Saturday: Rain and snow, becoming all snow after 3pm. High near 37. Northeast wind between 8 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Saturday Night: Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 31. Blustery, with a north wind between 17 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

UNFATHOMABLE!!!

9-17" is completely realistic in October

Sick system en route

Driving around down Ginx's way and there are still ALOT of trees that are still green, never mind dropped any leaves!! That area is forked if they get any more than 5 inches of snow. Atleast in northern Windham County alot of trees have shed their leaves already.

Yes we are, but up in the hills where I live is much less but yea not good.

Perfect Storm + 20 years and snow

2011 has been awesome

I ran out to a few stores for last minute halloween party stuff and people in the stores quotes were storm, ha these weathermen have no idea what they are talking about its October, another guy said yeah like it will add up its 50 degrees out today, another person, its not going to stick its too warm....I said hey you just never know what could happen we had a crazy winter last year.....So no one is really taking it too seriously. I have to say though being by the coast we might not get that much, but hey I won't be shocked either! :)

I ran out to a few stores for last minute halloween party stuff and people in the stores quotes were storm, ha these weathermen have no idea what they are talking about its October, another guy said yeah like it will add up its 50 degrees out today, another person, its not going to stick its too warm....I said hey you just never know what could happen we had a crazy winter last year.....So no one is really taking it too seriously. I have to say though being by the coast we might not get that much, but hey I won't be shocked either! :)

Haha yup. Once they made the announcement of cancelled stuff at school, people were shocked. Most were like, there is no way we are getting this much. Even if we do, we can still drive across town no problem.

They'll see the truth tomorrow.

For the non weather weenies aka general public i think they are in for a huge surprise!

You really think we have the potential to get that much snow even here on the valley floor? it is colder and drier than I thought it would be today though and the model data is staggering but I just wonder if this winds up like all the other early season events that bury the high spots and leave the valley with just a mixed mess..

UNFATHOMABLE!!!

9-17? Who's making that NWS post, Bistardi? I mean the NAM gives me a foot plus which is crazy so lol.

HUBBDAVE - I haven't even Cleared Anything Yet!! It's Freaking October! Have you looked at the calender? lol. I've been busy flying/doing gigs/making connections.

For the non weather weenies aka general public i think they are in for a huge surprise!

LOL. I'm pretty sure the general public won't be able to escape the hype. Fox 25 will probably pre-empt the World Series tonight.

They are all probably breathlessly working on their graphics, titles and theme music now.

Fall Blitz!

October Surprise!

Pumpkin Punisher!

Foliage F&cker!

Autumn Awesomeness!

Archived