Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the 2m temps. on wunderground for the 18z GFS, I'd think a lot of the snow forecasts are in trouble but maybe I shouldn't take them verbatim since they don't handle dynamic cooling well? :unsure:

Well that's exactly why you're not seeing many forecasts >12" right now. I'm assuming the first 1/4 or 1/3 won't accumulate here in the valleys.

Not a lot of snow for me either but the wind is going to crank. My buddy from CL&P is saying that they're hoping that the wind will help keep much of the snow/ice off of the trees for the the interior folks.

Just brought in extra wood and will hope cable television stays on for the games tomorrow night! Good luck everybody!

That will be interesting to watch unfold. If the snow is "dry" enough, it may not have a chance to cake the trees, presenting problems with limbs coming down.

It's regional juju Bob. Not running over at all, in fact, at its highest point ever!! Most of the people on here will see more snow in this one storm than they will see ever again in any October. You will get yours this winter, I promise. You have shared your juju with the rest of us, and the good karma will come back to you!

:pimp:

I've always tried to pull for everyone to get the big dog, but rarely does that happen. I've seen more than my fair share of blockbusters over the past 8 years so I won't complain, ever. October is just such a difficult time to get snow here as you very well know. This is a once in century type event. I'm not convinced of winter just yet. I want to see signs of the -AO/-NAO being negative before being overly optimistic.

Thanks, dude! :wub:

You rock!:hug:

Archived