• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Second Winter Storm Threat - Oct 29/30

Baroclinic Zone

I would not take that bet right now, I have the same thought, Euro was well west a few day ago then went east, The GFS went from no storm to a storm to just east of the BM in the last 2 days and the Euro is trending back, It really is starting to look like a whiff might be off the table

Yeah I mean for this run coming up. Just my gut. Who knows..lol.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if this storm will end up looking like the euro from a few days ago.

This is what I am thinking as well... After all is said and done and we've bled our consternation all week, it would almost seem typical if the 48 hour-out guidance - say by 12z tomorrow morning - have all collapsed toward the original appeal of 3 days ago when the unraveling started.

Isn't there always a modeling "black out" period? It seems more times than not when something interesting is sniffed out at extended leads, we have to go through this disappearing act, only to have it come on a-roarin' back...

Only the legends stay put. April 1997, March 1993, ...Hell, February 1978 for that matter... even January 1996 ... seemed these got into the runs early and locked. Funny, this would probably be a run-o-the-mill snowy noreaster in February, but since it is October ...if verifies the way it seems to be heading the irony is that it would become legendary in its own right.

6" of paste for me and 1' for Will.

hey, I hope you dont mind me asking b/c I know you know NE mass climo really well but .. how would you compare marginal snow events like today, or for ex., an elevation event, between your location and Lowell? Im guessing its a tick cooler here, but you probably know the nuisances of the local climo .

hey, I hope you dont mind me asking b/c I know you know NE mass climo really well but .. how would you compare marginal snow events like today, or for ex., an elevation event, between your location and Lowell? Im guessing its a tick cooler here, but you probably know the nuisances of the local climo .

Negligible.....where the disparity btween my area and Lowell shines is with respect to marine intrusion.

Any other advantage Lowell has is negated by its location within the armpit of the Merrimack.

that is pretty nuts that the lower res gfs ensemble is relatively significantly more amped up and northwest of the operational at the 60 to 72 hour range. Normally it would be a bit SE of the operational all things being equal.

Yeah i'm in an on-goign email correspondence with a Met off line trying to figure that one out here. Hmmm

Archived