northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Second Winter Storm Threat - Oct 29/30

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Negligible.....where the disparity btween my area and Lowell shines is with respect to marine intrusion.

Any other advantage Lowell has is negated by its location within the armpit of the Merrimack.

oh okay thanks .. really considering going home for this event > halloween festivities in lowell , yes I am that much of a weenie lol

anyways .. I noticed last night (0z) looking at the 500 mb maps how different the models were handling the s/w that was the kicker in the north pac .. it really goes to show how the sparse data network in the north pacific always can throw a curveball in 3-5 day forcasts / model solutions

Yep, starting to appear to be a Cape Hat to BM special. I disagree with Tip on one thing, even in Jan this is not a run of the mill. Phil mentioned the SSts and wind, great point, lots of mixing. Wild Sat for sure.

I wasn't bleeding serious there... ;) more just to make the point that given the calendar that only ups the ante as far as the meaningfulness of it.

Although, I don't know thinking deeper - do you really think this is "historic" if it were say February 3rd? ...I'm talking as is, not where it might end up at that.

Taking all runs, putting them in a blender and pour a nice delicious milk-shake of it all it seems we've dealt with worse given what this blend looks like. But that's just me -

I was looking at the precip type on coolwx for the GFS run, unimpressive on the 95 corridor, NYC looks much better. CT im sure does well too. SE mass mostly cold rain with back end snow.

Anymore West and its rain rain rain.

It is October, what do you expect for the CP. But as modeled, I think there'd be decent accumulations all the way into SE MA and our area. Not all snow like it would be in winter but very impressive. I forget who posted it but I think the record for BOS in Oct is around 1" of snow.

Plus if it ends up really tucked in and mostly rain, there would be some really impressive winds for eastern areas, especially along the coast.

Archived