• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
First Winter Storm Threat (Oct 27/28) for New England 2011/12 - III

Baroclinic Zone

Well just beware hoping for major snow in October is setting yourself up for a letdown. Be happy if you see a couple of inches on Thursday night. It's good to try and be realistic until the data tells you to weenie out.

Agreed, a couple of inches on the grass will be just fine, anything more is a bonus.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still stunned by this NAM solution

I'm still just stunned by the calendar date and the fact that there are 2, not just 1 - insane in its self - on the table

If neither did anything, it wouldn't bother me in the least - the very fact that we've had these opportunities at this time of year at all, people should count their blessings and enjoy it for what it is!

I'm still stunned by this NAM solution

I'm still just stunned by the calendar date and the fact that there are 2, not just 1 - insane in its self - on the table

If neither did anything, it wouldn't bother me in the least - the very fact that we've had these opportunities at this time of year at all, people should count their blessings and enjoy it for what it is!

Yes and that should be the attitude of any weather fan.

It's like when my wife asks why I'm watching the World Series when the Red Sox are not in it - because I appreciate good baseball.

Looks like the Euro wants to bring the weekend storm right up the coast and bury us.....but the it makes a hard right turn.......What is pushing the system out to sea?

Looks like the kicker gives it the boot. I thought for sure it was going to come up a bit further north, it was so close!

Euro snow maps are pretty neat. Exactly what I'd envision if the system played out like the 12z with plenty of cold air aloft and dynamics over extreme SE MA but the monster 50+ water just devastates the BL. Snow would probably fly at least mixed at the end just a mile or so back, but anything accumultaing would stay west of an area just NW of Plymouth Center down to a line of about 495/195. Very typical early season snow, just not in October :)

It is raw out there today, high 40s and low 50s. Brutal on a bike.

Euro snow maps are pretty neat. Exactly what I'd envision if the system played out like the 12z with plenty of cold air aloft and dynamics over extreme SE MA but the monster 50+ water just devastates the BL. Snow would probably fly at least mixed at the end just a mile or so back, but anything accumultaing would stay west of an area just NW of Plymouth Center down to a line of about 495/195. Very typical early season snow, just not in October :)

It is raw out there today, high 40s and low 50s. Brutal on a bike.

Maybe throw a shawl on while you ride?

12z euro actually has a decent amount of moisture hanging back over eastern areas after everything crashes ESE tomorrow night...good sign if your looking for any flakes BOS/SE MA etc.

Yeah I saw that. Probably a product of 950-850 flow off the water. It's a win for me if I can get flakes.

Archived