Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
First Winter Storm Threat (Oct 27/28) for New England 2011/12 - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get a storm...we are gonna have to depend on things like the Ch 5 radar...things like that. Or, South Weymouth TDWR.

tdwr is good for your area.

saturday night is interesting. would certainly be some immediate BL issues but the euro is pretty darn chilly even out this way - you can even see how it keeps the low levels colder in eastern areas with the better precip in the CCB. would probably be some big fat wet flakes mixed in at times at least.

What do you guys think for the Concord/Acton area? To me it seems like we are somewhere in between the 1-2" area and the "hope for flakes" area...Maybe a coating?

Are you considering the Worcester hills the 1-2" area? I would think that area really begins once you head out Rt. 2 past Harvard. You get that climb up from their toward Devens and beyond. I'd think that's wehre the best bet of a few inches would begin.

Are you in Concord? My brother lives there.

Meanwhile, quite a spread of temps in SNE today.

41.5/40 here.

I love this line from the new AFD:

A QUICK COUPLE INCHES OF SNOW MAY

FALL ACROSS THE HIGH TERRAIN AND THIS MAY COINCIDE WITH THE EVENING

RUSH HOUR...

Rush hour in GC? Instead of being passed by 3 cars on my 4 mile run, I might get passed by 10. Better keep extra distance between me and the car in front of me. :)

LOL this is Moneypitmike when he finds out he finally doesn't have QPF issues to worry about. After I tell him he's gonna be ok, he crosses me off the list of meteorologists to kill, sits back and puts flaming red lipstick on as he looks at the barn outside the big glass window.

LOL this is Moneypitmike when he finds out he finally doesn't have QPF issues to worry about. After I tell him he's gonna be ok, he crosses me off the list of meteorologists to kill, sits back and puts flaming red lipstick on as he looks at the barn outside the big glass window.

:lmao:

Steve Buscemi is great. And, I think the new NAM is being kind to my qpf, but it's only out to 30.

AWT

HOWEVER...ITS POSSIBLE THAT A FEW HOURS

OF MODERATE TO BRIEFLY HEAVY WET SNOW MAY AFFECT THE

INTERIOR HIGH TERRAIN...AS FRONTOGENESIS/LIFT LOOKS RATHER STRONG

DURING THE EARLY EVENING HOURS. A QUICK COUPLE INCHES OF SNOW MAY

FALL ACROSS THE HIGH TERRAIN AND THIS MAY COINCIDE WITH THE EVENING

RUSH HOUR...SO WILL HAVE TO KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON THIS POTENTIAL.

EVEN THOUGH THE GROUND IS VERY WARM BEING THAT ITS LATE OCTOBER...WE

HAVE SEEN IN THE PAST THAT IF SNOW COMES DOWN HEAVY IT WILL

ACCUMULATE.

Archived