• Created
  • Last Reply

AWT

HOWEVER...ITS POSSIBLE THAT A FEW HOURS

OF MODERATE TO BRIEFLY HEAVY WET SNOW MAY AFFECT THE

INTERIOR HIGH TERRAIN...AS FRONTOGENESIS/LIFT LOOKS RATHER STRONG

DURING THE EARLY EVENING HOURS. A QUICK COUPLE INCHES OF SNOW MAY

FALL ACROSS THE HIGH TERRAIN AND THIS MAY COINCIDE WITH THE EVENING

RUSH HOUR...SO WILL HAVE TO KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON THIS POTENTIAL.

EVEN THOUGH THE GROUND IS VERY WARM BEING THAT ITS LATE OCTOBER...WE

HAVE SEEN IN THE PAST THAT IF SNOW COMES DOWN HEAVY IT WILL

ACCUMULATE.

You're still on the srn cusp if the good stuff. Not being a downer..just saying. I'd have to say this looks best from Socks to MPM to Pete and then Will. Somewhere within that zone. Will might eek out over 2" if it breaks right. But, any little sag south will help you out. Someome for about 2-3 hrs may see it really come down. Probably 22z-02z timeframe.

1-3 here tomorrow night and another 1-3 Saturday

This has my weenie jumping for joy

Congrats, Kevin from BOX:

Thursday...Rain. Patchy fog. Highs in the mid 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Thursday Night...Cloudy with rain with a chance of snow in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Patchy fog. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Much colder with lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

You're still on the srn cusp if the good stuff. Not being a downer..just saying. I'd have to say this looks best from Socks to MPM to Pete and then Will. Somewhere within that zone. Will might eek out over 2" if it breaks right. But, any little sag south will help you out. Someome for about 2-3 hrs may see it really come down. Probably 22z-02z timeframe.

The timing couldn't be any better. About 5-6pm to 10pm...perfect. Don't have anything to do, and don't have to lose sleep over it. Can just watch and track it...and post on here hallucinating that snow is mixing in at 3pm when really we have 100% rain.

It def looks decent for a few hours here...one thing I hate as I checked out the 12z suite is that it seems timing has been sped up by about 2-3 hours. I would have rather it be later...but beggars can't be choosers I suppose. If it comes down hard, it will stick regardless, but if its a 3/4 -SN, then the few hour difference could slice accumulation potential in half.

Headin to Weenie Ridge?

Congrats, Kevin from BOX:

Thursday...Rain. Patchy fog. Highs in the mid 40s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

Thursday Night...Cloudy with rain with a chance of snow in the evening...then partly cloudy after midnight. Patchy fog. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Much colder with lows in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 30 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

The Box update gives me .5" of snow and took away all snow mentioned for Saturday/Saturday night. :(

No doubt the NAM's overdoing the moisture, but if that were to play out, GC and northern ORH to Socks would have a respectable storm.

The timing couldn't be any better. About 5-6pm to 10pm...perfect. Don't have anything to do, and don't have to lose sleep over it. Can just watch and track it...and post on here hallucinating that snow is mixing in at 3pm when really we have 100% rain.

I'll have daylight to assess mixing/changing out here. But, you're right--no sleep to lose over this one. That said, there's something nice to waking up to snows that came while asleep.

The Box update gives me .5" of snow and took away all snow mentioned for Saturday/Saturday night. :(

Yeah--their AFD is really focused on south of the Pike. Very little enthusaism from them in that.

But isn't it still 90% after sunset anyway?

For you, definitely...but instead of flipping at 00z here and going until 06z...it might try and do it at 21z and only go until 03z or 04z...and the northern areas will be having more snow in the daylight for sure.

I was counting on a 4 hour window of really ripping between about 8pm and midnight which would have been solid..but if its more like 6pm to 10pm then it will cut back a bit.

We still have time to see if it slows down a bit again...that vortmax is pretty strong and models might be trying to rush the precip out of here before that vortmax moves through.

Not sure why no freeze watches in effect here... I haven't even been close to 32F

Frost/freeze program may be over there. Average first freeze date at BDL is around 10/9. Further south obviously that date is later, but most places in CT average their first freeze by now with the exception of maybe the southern 1/3 of the state. BDR's first freeze average is around 11/4.

You figure the Euro dropping 1-3 from the CT River east on Saturday night can probably be extended west a bit since it tends to under estimate qpf on west fringes..I'd extend it back to CT/NY border

Wasn't it just this morning when you said toss the weekend storm and that you would be raking/leaf blowing on Saturday?

Archived