• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
First Winter Storm Threat (Oct 27/28) for New England 2011/12 - III

Baroclinic Zone

12z Euro through 36... Just in time with the first wave to throw 0.25-0.50 on the cold side between 30-36 hrs from the Catskills through southern/central New England..850 0c line Allentown to Willimantic to Cape Cod... -4c line Scranton to Pittsfield to Portsmouth

Willli !! Kev just sent his LToP through his office roof.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z Euro through 36... Just in time with the first wave to throw 0.25-0.50 on the cold side between 30-36 hrs from the Catskills through southern/central New England..850 0c line Allentown to Willimantic to Cape Cod... -4c line Scranton to Pittsfield to Portsmouth...Id say a general 1"-maybe 3" in the high spots

A general 1" with up to 3" high terrain seems to be what this event has looked like for days. Sounds like the EC keeps the status quo.

Does it move north then due east b/c of the kicker (getting srn Jersey good), as GEFS implied?

The kicker to the west is weaker and the PV up north relaxes enough for this to get closer. That's the difference. You can tell this would get much closer if each of these happened to a small extent.

The kicker to the west is weaker and the PV up north relaxes enough for this to get closer. That's the difference. You can tell this would get much closer if each of these happened to a small extent.

Its damn cold too, just want to see some flakes and I will be happy.

did you see the gfes?

f84.gif

Yea I saw them. It's still a fine line with this storm. I mean you have to juggle the temps, strength of s/w, the kicker, what's going on north of NNE...etc. It makes a blockbuster solution questionable, but another 40 miles, and many are saying...what Thursday snow.

Yea I saw them. It's still a fine line with this storm. I mean you have to juggle the temps, strength of s/w, the kicker, what's going on north of NNE...etc. It makes a blockbuster solution questionable, but another 40 miles, and many are saying...what Thursday snow.

aren't la ninas fun

Man I hope by Friday we get a major snowstorm here in Interior New England. One can always hope.

Well just beware hoping for major snow in October is setting yourself up for a letdown. Be happy if you see a couple of inches on Thursday night. It's good to try and be realistic until the data tells you to weenie out.

Archived