• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12 - II

Baroclinic Zone

Hoping ski country gets an early season, massive base boost.

It isn't ridiculously early for interior SNE. I remember I think in 1987 when our football game had to be called off in early November due to snow. I think that was around the 11th. I could have sworn the year before we had a decent early November snow too.

1" plus snows in boston are incredibly rare in October per history http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/climate/bossnw.shtml

But, we are talking a few days from November.

Interesting, hope you guys get an early snow.

What sup? Gonna be skiing SR this winter?

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Ryan if the Euro still shows this Thursday afternoon will this become a more serious situation?

Well I'd like to eventually see the GFS jump on board and the Euro hold.

Basically this kind of scenario is perfect for us. We have some wiggle room (but not much). If we're within 72 hours and looking at a big snow storm with virtually fully foliated trees here in the valley I'll be a little more interested.

has there ever been a blizzard in october in the valley?

There's hardly ever been one (at least in the past century) in the hills even. Oct 4, 1987 in the Taconics...but otherwise really nothing. Its extremely rare outside of the mountains of NNE.

Yeah which is shocking. To see an all snow model solution for 10/29 for the CT River Valley is bizarre.

When it's this far out, it's fun to look at and make you want to watch the next run of models. I fear that this will continue to trend away. So, like Rick, I"m going to focus what I might eek out of Thursday/night. Anything else will be a bonus.

Quick question--does any snow after the summer solstice count as toward the following winter's seasonal total?

Archived