joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12 - II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EC ensembles look just a little east of the 00z version fwiw, but stronger. They also have a strong hangback trough which may mean a few weenie members in there.

You know a weak norlun scenario did cross my mind as a mid-way beteen the 1st and 2nd system... Not sure though; could just be enough backside NVA from the first system to break down the east wind/trough, but could also not, in which case we have lingering clouds and grains/drizzle

It looks like eastern NE would still get some..but clearly not the wound up bomb like the OP...lol. Its a pretty strong storm though even on the ensembles, so thats good at least.

Just looking at the spread at 850mb, it does have some warm members in there too. But, the whole thing shifted east a bit from 00z. Still not bad I guess for this far out. Perhaps a risk of being more east?

Almost every NMM/ARW member is a complete whiff or graze for the CON area. Based on the globals I'd have to think the mean will be bumping slightly north with time unless they're seeing something the globals aren't.

Last night when I went to bed at 2:30AM Will was saying at the time I was in a prime location. Now this lol. Roller coaster ride for me. I'm hoping they bump a little more than slightly

I don't understand why some are acting like the chances of me getting 1-2 or inches aren't very good. It's the euro warmth against the world

You'd be tying the noose too on the GFS even though its a bit colder. You could pick up an inch or two, but at this point, I'm not even sure I will up here. I'd much rather be about 20 miles north near the NH border

Euro ensembles have the 2nd storm but not surprisingly its SE of the OP...maybe 100 mi SE of the BM.

EC ensembles look just a little east of the 00z version fwiw, but stronger. They also have a strong hangback trough which may mean a few weenie members in there.

I think the writing's on the wall that the weekend system will be a non-event for SNE

Indeed, much better than 09z

I like those 8" probabilities. They'd even have me breaking out the snowblower. Too bad we can't use this as a base for a snow pack. Good for seasonal totals regardless.

Just took a walk out back to the beaver pond and noticed three things:

1) I could have used an extra shawl

2) the beaver's latest dam might soon convert the thing into a decent skating pond

3) the wind hitting the pines without the decidous trees running interference had the definitive winter sound.

Snow must be in the future.

50.8/33 off a high of 52.0

It does? Your odds of 1" IMO are 10 percent or so

I guess i don't understand you always rooting against me getting snow...I mean I'm psyched and pulling for as many of us on here as possible to pull some accumulating snow out of these 2 events. as much as most of us love snow..I would think that would be how peoplereact...You always look for ways for me not to get any

Archived