• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12 - II

Baroclinic Zone

I wouldn’t give up on the “2nd storm” idea … I realize that the GFS has pretty much abandoned the idea from 00z and 06z, but this 12z run came slightly back with it in the 500mb analysis. The thing is, the Euro has a stronger southern stream component/phase potential here; the GFS’ not having that could very well boil down to its inferior initialization schemes. The 00z Euro was at D5…it’s right on the cusp where its boast-able accuracy get very high. The run coming up here straight away (12z) is a kind of bewitching run – if the event is still on the table on this Euro run, I would suspect that the GFS will play catch-up.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn’t give up on the “2nd storm” idea … I realize that the GFS has pretty much abandoned the idea from 00z and 06z, but this 12z run came slightly back with it in the 500mb analysis. The thing is, the Euro has a stronger southern stream component/phase potential here; the GFS’ not having that could very well boil down to its inferior initialization schemes. The 00z Euro was at D5…it’s right on the cusp where its boast-able accuracy get very high. The run coming up here straight away (12z) is a kind of bewitching run – if the event is still on the table on this Euro run, I would suspect that the GFS will play catch-up.

Agree, GFS showing its bias?

Loosely translated: "The 12z Euro run is the biggest run of our lives".

What are your thought now as far as NE CT? At least a solid coating..with potential for 1-2 if things happen like the NAM/Ukie show>

I wouldn't forecast >1" there at this point. It should def snow at the end though. The problem is the better fronto/deformation will be up in MA/NH I think as the low exits.

But if we see it a little juicier at the end, and perhaps a touch south, then it could end up being a 1-2" deal there.

Archived