wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Heat wave potential 6/8-6/10

weatherMA

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CEF maxed out today at 89, the reading at Chester Hill @1450' was 85. If one considers 3 consecutive days of 85 or above in GC a heat wave then I would say that MRG is a lock for one per his stated terms of using the Chester Hill site as the baseline in his prior prop bet with ctblizz.

CEF maxed out today at 89, the reading at Chester Hill @1450' was 85. If one considers 3 consecutive days of 85 or above in GC a heat wave then I would say that MRG is a lock for one per his stated terms of using the Chester Hill site as the baseline in his prior prop bet with ctblizz.

Scoob, the high at Chester Hill was 82.9. Get the facts straight man.

lol ... gotta love quibbling over 2°. :lol:

As I said this morning 2 degrees warmer or cooler don't mean squat to me when the dews are in the 70's. Oppressive is oppressive.

Unlike Pete I don't find much satisfaction in "toughing out" the heat. I already told my buddy/boss I will not be doing stonework on thursday - I'll be home sweating with the wife and baby.

As I said this morning 2 degrees warmer or cooler don't mean squat to me when the dews are in the 70's. Oppressive is oppressive.

Unlike Pete I don't find much satisfaction in "toughing out" the heat. I already told my buddy/boss I will not be doing stonework on thursday - I'll be home sweating with the wife and baby.

I would terminate your employment immediately. If any of my employees informed me they would not work because it was too hot or too cold they'd be looking for a new gig. This is not to say I haven't given guys the day off for extreme weather but insubordination is not to be tolerated. Very wimpy on your part.

I would terminate your employment immediately. If any of my employees informed me they would not work because it was too hot or too cold they'd be looking for a new gig. This is not to say I haven't given guys the day off for extreme weather but insubordination is not to be tolerated. Very wimpy on your part.

Yeah, we keep our work tight but our policies loose. Artistry sometimes requires a stress free environment.

Roofing and asphalt work on days like these coming up are the worst. Then again so is sampling unknown chemical drums in level B PPE.

I hate the heat so much. I can take the cold

Yeah, we keep our work tight but our policies loose. Artistry sometimes requires a stress free environment.

F*ckin' hippies. True creativity through strict discipline. Drink a ton of water Wednesday night, hit the rock pile early Thurs and man up. You've got mouths to feed so you better toughin' up. Geez. The stonework looks good but there's a 1000 hungry masons that would gladly work in 100+ weather. We'll all get a good laugh on Thursday about the valley guys that won't work because it's too warm.

Yuckaroo

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

849 PM EDT TUE JUN 7 2011

.SYNOPSIS...

NEAR RECORD HEAT IS EXPECTED THROUGH THURSDAY WITH ISOLATED

THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE. THE BEST CHANCE FOR THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE

LATE THURSDAY AND THURSDAY EVENING AS A COLD FRONT CROSSES THE

REGION. THE HEAT WILL BREAK BY FRIDAY WITH COOLER AND SOMEWHAT

UNSETTLED WEATHER FOR THE WEEKEND AS EASTERLY FLOW DEVELOPS.

12Z NAM CAME DOWN SOMEWHAT ON H85 TEMPS AT 18 TO 20C...BUT PREVIOUS

RUN AND 12Z GFS INDICATED H85 TEMPS REMAINING IN THE 20 TO 22C

RANGE. METMOS MAX TEMPS CORRESPONDINGLY CAME DOWN A FEW

DEGREES...BUT EVEN THEN STILL HAD MAX TEMPS 90 PLUS. MAV IS STILL

QUITE HOT WITH RECORD BREAKING OR RECORD TYING HIGHS AT MAJOR

CLIMATE SITES. MODELS INDICATING SURFACE WINDS SHOULD BE JUST STRONG

ENOUGH TO PRECLUDE A SEA BREEZE AT BOS. AT THIS TIME PLAN ON MAKINGNO MODIFICATIONS TO PREVIOUS MAX TEMP FORECAST FOR THU...STILLKEEPING MAX TEMPS WELL INTO THE 90S EXCEPT FRINGES OF THE CAPE AND

ISLANDS.

F*ckin' hippies. True creativity through strict discipline. Drink a ton of water Wednesday night, hit the rock pile early Thurs and man up. You've got mouths to feed so you better toughin' up. Geez. The stonework looks good but there's a 1000 hungry masons that would gladly work in 100+ weather. We'll all get a good laugh on Thursday about the valley guys that won't work because it's too warm.

You're a joke...no one should be forced to work outside in 100F heat all day. Excessive heat warnings should be in effect for all of SNE and NYC metro (OKX CWA) in my opinion...I think we're seeing widespread upper 90s-100F in this airmass with some humidity. Also, we have certain labor standards in this country...people are allowed to take a day off when they feel it is warranted. Heck, my mom takes off from teaching after watching the Oscars with her friends and drinking champagne...as long as you work hard when you're on the job, you're entitled to a day off once in a while, especially when it's extreme weather. Luckily I work in an air-conditioned school, so I don't have to worry about it too much.

If you think there's a 1000 people who would take your jobs, then go hire some illegals.

You're a joke...no one should be forced to work outside in 100F heat all day. Excessive heat warnings should be in effect for all of SNE and NYC metro (OKX CWA) in my opinion...I think we're seeing widespread upper 90s-100F in this airmass with some humidity. Also, we have certain labor standards in this country...people are allowed to take a day off when they feel it is warranted. Heck, my mom takes off from teaching after watching the Oscars with her friends and drinking champagne...as long as you work hard when you're on the job, you're entitled to a day off once in a while, especially when it's extreme weather. Luckily I work in an air-conditioned school, so I don't have to worry about it too much.

If you think there's a 1000 people who would take your jobs, then go hire some illegals.

Dude your family is full of rebels!

Dude your family is full of rebels!

I'd like to think so but not exactly...she's like the hardest working teacher in her ghetto school and gives up a lot of her free periods and after school time to help kids with the course, college recommendations etc. She's been teaching for 30 years so it's not as if she's doing it to rebel against the system, more just to relax a little which is necessary when you work inargi a district plagued by gang violence, suspensions, and drop-outs.

My dad is actually more the rebel...he's a professional bridge player, teaches cards and travels to tournaments with clients for a career. Gets up at 11am, has a few puffs of smoke, then heads into the bridge club to play, charging the old ladies like 150 bucks/hour LOL.

Come on man.....please, how do you think people in the southwest survive? You think no one works in the summer down there? Its obviously different here with the humidity, but to take the entire day off is just stupid, especially as the previous poster said, when you have mouths to feed. Long breaks...lots of water..fine, but staying at home doesnt seem logical.

Come on man.....please, how do you think people in the southwest survive? You think no one works in the summer down there? Its obviously different here with the humidity, but to take the entire day off is just stupid, especially as the previous poster said, when you have mouths to feed. Long breaks...lots of water..fine, but staying at home doesnt seem logical.

It's totally different...you wouldn't know because you have probably never worked a day outside. When you live in a climate with very hot temperatures, your body becomes adjusted to it. Just as 50F feels warm during the winter but cold during the summer to someone living in NYC, 100F isn't going to have the same effect on someone in the Southwest as it does in the Northeast. Residents of these areas have become much more accustomed to the extreme heat...their skin color and cardiac/breathing patterns are going to adjust. Also, as you rightly point out, the humidity is completely different. 95/75 is much more uncomfortable than 95/40 as I experienced in the Nevada desert; high humidity is also much more dangerous because it doesn't allow your body to rid itself of the excess heat. I have lived in the West, and believe me, hot temperatures in Montana or Nevada are much easier to tolerate than hot temperatures in the Northeast. I worked 50-hour workweeks in a kitchen in Montana for 2.5 months last summer, so take it from someone who's been there. Also, the West cools down more at night which allows your system some relief from the extreme heat if you are living without AC. Triple digits in SNE during June is going to be inherently hazardous because it's unusual for the region's climate, it's early in the summer before we adapt and take precautions regarding heat/sun, and it hasn't been that warm of a spring so people aren't expecting a huge heat wave. Sounds like a reason to stay inside.

And how do you know the poster's financial situation? Taking one day off doesn't usually affect someone's economic wellbeing too much..As I said, my mom is a teacher and takes her personal days as needed...whether it's for snowy roads she doesn't want to drive, a party with friends, etc. Obviously that's a flexible occupation with high job security, but everyone is entitled to a few days off for whatever reason they like during the year. If they feel the heat is intolerable and uncomfortable, then why not use a sick day? If you do your job well, everyone respects your right to take a few days for yourself, regardless of motivation. Saying that someone is "stupid" because they don't want to spend 8 hours handling heavy stones in 100-degree heat is just disrespectful to a person's decision making. It's easy for you to say too because you probably work in an AC office somewhere. It's also a reflection of your belief in this brutal economic system we have, which punishes workers for considering their own well-being/comfort over the artificial expectations of society.

You clearly don't understand the dangers of excessive heat, you clearly don't understand the difference between SW and NE climate/adaptation, and you clearly don't get that everyone makes their own choices. Maybe the poster is a millionaire and couldn't give two sh*ts if he takes ten days in a row for heat. Maybe he gets paid a yearly salary with an allotted number of days to take off. How do you know all these things? Also, don't you realize that extreme heat is pretty rare in SNE, to the point that taking 1-2 days off avoids the problem for the year in all probability?

Congratulations, Chris--I had not realized the baby had arrived! When was the big day?

Archived