• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heat wave potential 6/8-6/10

weatherMA

81-83 today for you..90 tomorrow and 92-93 Thursday with oppressive dewoints. Time to face reality and step out of the make believe world you pretend to live in

Lol. A few warm days in June isn't a big deal. It typically only hits 90 once or twice a year up here, often it never happens. I'm focused on the nice cool down. Under 90 days until September, enjoy your fleeting warmth.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference is probably more than that. If the winds are just right, then you can see a 4-5F difference between KORH and KBDL, but often the difference is more like 6-7F.

Yeah exactly, it makes no sense. I'm usually 2-3F warmer then ORH and I only live a few miles away but at lower elevation.

Wow, the alleged "torch" is, once again, looking more and more pathetic. Upper 70's to near 80 today, then Wed/Thurs into the mid 80's with a return to the 70's Friday and 60's for the weekend and beyond. How will we survive such an onslaught?

lol? lmaosmiley.gif

Today: Increasing clouds, with a high near 84. West wind between 3 and 8 mph.

Tonight: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 59. Light west wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Wednesday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 4pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 91. Light wind becoming west between 10 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 10pm. Patchy fog after 2am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. West wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Thursday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 4pm. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 91. West wind between 5 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

81-83 today for you..90 tomorrow and 92-93 Thursday with oppressive dewoints. Time to face reality and step out of the make believe world you pretend to live in

Excellent.

I've missed the back and forth banter between Pete and Kev on the subject of torching.

:popcorn:

Better yet, we'll be benefiting from the lowering sun angle in 14 days.

Drinking to that.

:drunk:

For my preferred comfort level a few degrees in actual temp will matter little when the dp is in the 70's.

Looks like I'll be putting the A/C in the living room today.

It will be gross in Greenfield... it will be gross in Hubbardston... it will be gross everywhere but for the lofty peaks of Tolland and West Chesterfield

I wish I could remote start my AC from work to cool down the house/dry it out before I get home.

Even today it will be nasty.

It will be gross in Greenfield... it will be gross in Hubbardston... it will be gross everywhere but for the lofty peaks of Tolland and West Chesterfield

I wish I could remote start my AC from work to cool down the house/dry it out before I get home.

Even today it will be nasty.

Get one of those $10 timers that people use for Christmas lights. That'll do the trick.

Wow, the alleged "torch" is, once again, looking more and more pathetic. Upper 70's to near 80 today, then Wed/Thurs into the mid 80's with a return to the 70's Friday and 60's for the weekend and beyond. How will we survive such an onslaught?

why do you post as though everyone lives where you live?

Get one of those $10 timers that people use for Christmas lights. That'll do the trick.

Hmmmm that might be an idea. Not sure if they are rated for the amount of power these use though. The timers we have also do not have a ground, but I'm sure they sell high rating ones with grounds.

I could train my dog to do it... then again, I can't train him to not pee on my lawn

i realized this about that particular poster where they are deficient on a few levels; Met knowledge, "circumstantial" conditioning...etc, and just don't respond any longer.

Different subject, it puzzles me that there are no special statements or advisories in the SNE AFD. Looking up stream, this warned air mass in the MW is heading this way and there isn't a MOS product out there at this point that isn't heavily flagging 100F highs at HFD/FIT/BED triangulum and it's for good reason. I don't believe lack of public fore-warn is appropriate here.

i realized this about that particular poster where they are deficient on a few levels; Met knowledge, "circumstantial" conditioning...etc, and just don't respond any longer.

Different subject, it puzzles me that there are no special statements or advisories in the SNE AFD. Looking up stream, this warned air mass in the MW is heading this way and there isn't a MOS product out there at this point that isn't heavily flagging 100F highs at HFD/FIT/BED triangulum and it's for good reason. I don't believe lack of public fore-warn is appropriate here.

Are you thinking it should be a heat/air quality related warning/advisory/statement? Do those go out more than 24 hours in advance?

My classroom is going to be insanely hot on Weds/Thurs here in Leominster. Sounds like June of 2008 where some of the classrooms had temps of 115-120

Awww. Geez John. I don't complain about your posts that wander off point to a monologue about your inability to attract women or your repeated use of "cosmic dildo". Also, I'll be sure to flag each of your many IMBY posts. Athol is just fascinating.....to you.

For my preferred comfort level a few degrees in actual temp will matter little when the dp is in the 70's.

Looks like I'll be putting the A/C in the living room today.

Just drive up the hill, Chris.

Speaking of hills, I tried to do my bike loop Memorial Day weekend. I've concluded that Smead Hill is impossible. It's the same elevation change that the Trail has from G'field to the Pit but it does it in a third of the distance.

Nice one out there today. 74.0/61

Awww. Geez John. I don't complain about your posts that wander off point to a monologue about your inability to attract women or your repeated use of "cosmic dildo". Also, I'll be sure to flag each of your many IMBY posts. Athol is just fascinating.....to you.

Epic nerdiness level has been reached by tip in his posts

That phrase is the best part of Tip's posts!

I spent about 30 seconds trying to decide what on God's green earth "'circumstantial' conditioning" could possibly be. Then I gave up.

I think Tip's fortress of solitude is in Ayer actually...

John--while that might be true, I think the warnings for heat do very little in raising anyone's concern about anything. With ubiquitous air conditioning (GC and Dave's classroom notwithstanding), for 99.9% of the people they just say wow, it's a hot day out there. Find a shady spot and you cool down (as opposed to a frigid winter day where your sun/shade temps will not vary).

So, not saying it's not warranted, but I can't think of any advisory that matters less to people than high heat.

74.9/56

They aren't going to issue a heat advisory more than a day out. That would be silly and irresponsible given that it could easily come in slightly lower than guidance at that time range. I've never seen an "excessive heat watch" like a winter storm watch either.

Also the heat advisory I believe is for the heat index...if we have lower dews in the low 60s, then the heat index won't be overwhelming. I think you need heat index over 105F over a big area to issue the advisory.

Not everyone lives at BDL either. People post about their backyards. Its what happens on here. Some really just don't like the fact that yes, it is actually colder in the woods between 1,400ft and 2,000ft than it is at sea level in some atrocious urban oven. He can escape the heat 90% of the time.

Archived