• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Heat wave potential 6/8-6/10

weatherMA

This is going to be one of those nasty deals where it is 93/72 by 9:30 in the morning.

I was just looking out over the Midwest at the source for this heat assault and numerous readings are 94-98F tomorrow out there, prior to the core of the Sonoran passage... This air comes down slope on a WSW wind on late Wednesday into Thurday. Could see it being 80-84F at 3am at PHL-LGA-BOS...

I noticed also that Madison WI went from 67 to 81 in 2 hours at sunup - impressive response to any solar input at all...

This is a classic Sonoran pulse coming up. The NAM wonderfully illustrates a +25 to +27C 850 thermal layer being ripped out of the deep SW and passing tup through the Lakes --> NE. Keep in mind the 850mb is not as high up in NE as it is in MA. It wouldn't shock me if +23C

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not so sure those dews will be in the lower 70s like some of the models have. Probably low to mid 60s..but that's bad enough. It's possible I suppose if the winds are more wsw and we have a deep moist layer in the lower levels, it could happen..but it's tough with due west winds.

Which day is supposed to be warmer? Seems like the NWS offices aren't in agreement. OKX seems to think Wednesday, BOX thinks they're about equally hot, and ALB thinks it's Thursday.

Thursday has warmer 850s...the 21C contour is up to Willimantic CT on the 0z GFS at 18z Thursday, whereas most of SNE isn't even inside the 20C contour on Wednesday.

Winds are also more westerly Thursday, whereas Wednesday has a WSW direction that could cool some near the coast like LI and SE CT.

It makes no sense. There's no way Dave hits 96F and BDL hits 98F like BOX has. If Dave hits 96F BDL hits 100 or 101 probably, and if BDL "only" hits 98F then Dave probably hits 93 or so...

The difference is probably more than that. If the winds are just right, then you can see a 4-5F difference between KORH and KBDL, but often the difference is more like 6-7F.

ALB has 88 Wed.and 90 Thur. here.... nothing remarkable. I'm not holding my breath that it hits 90. but upper 80's probably yes.

I'll put the a/c on for two days because I'm not into martyrdom to prove any points. LOL It'll be the first time it has been on since late August. Then back to some nice wx....

quote name='H2Otown_WX' timestamp='1307421060' post='739205']

Which day is supposed to be warmer? Seems like the NWS offices aren't in agreement. OKX seems to think Wednesday, BOX thinks they're about equally hot, and ALB thinks it's Thursday.

Wow, the alleged "torch" is, once again, looking more and more pathetic. Upper 70's to near 80 today, then Wed/Thurs into the mid 80's with a return to the 70's Friday and 60's for the weekend and beyond. How will we survive such an onslaught?

Seems like Wednesday is being forecasted to be the hot one. Today looks pretty meager from the standpoint of "oppressive".

57.1/53

Wow, the alleged "torch" is, once again, looking more and more pathetic. Upper 70's to near 80 today, then Wed/Thurs into the mid 80's with a return to the 70's Friday and 60's for the weekend and beyond. How will we survive such an onslaught?

81-83 today for you..90 tomorrow and 92-93 Thursday with oppressive dewoints. Time to face reality and step out of the make believe world you pretend to live in

Archived