Newest Member
    joxey
Heat wave potential 6/8-6/10

weatherMA

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90-92

Cool, yeah that's what it usually feels like at over 800ft in Woodstock, CT when at the family's summer house. But its pretty densely forested so I'd assume that keeps the temp down a couple degrees on the thermometer.

There's a chance that Pete at 1,400-2,000ft doesn't leave the upper 80s.... thats a tough elevation band to hit 90+. I know up here if its 90F at 1,500ft then BTV in the valley must be on fire. But I guess that would be 99F-100F at BDL.

It was a 105ºF here yesterday, but every car is sold with AC and every house has central AC. I spent some Summers as a kid in North Quincy, MA, at my grandmothers, and no matter how hot it gets, open windows and a fan are the only relief most people will get.

HOLY SMOKES at the 12z GFS MOS for interior SNE on Thursday:

I’m blown away by these MOS products for as near as Wednesday. Now 98F for FIT on the NAM… That’s insane! That's not even Thursday there....

I analysed the field ... this is a Sonoran release - I wasn't paying attention due to tornadoes last week.

:weenie:

:lol: ...right, anyway - this is sneaking up on an Excessive Heat warn criteria 2 day stint with this... We can currently see on WV imagery a large plume of Sonoran airs ejecting from the SW (850's +27C in central NE!) and is about to roll up in the converyor around the NW periphery of this brief amplitude in the east. Wednesday's involvement in this is really the surprise run up, should these GFS and NAM MOS products verify, Wednesday will rival May 25th 2010, as well as the June event in 2008, and that sets us up potentially for an extreme situation on Thursday given to the high launch at sun-up that day. Interesting...

That would be the hottest temp at ORH since 1953. I somehow doubt that verifies.

yeah i was going to say that we may see these backoff a bit. those #'s would seem to require almost perfect conditions...ie...no morning convection, no leftover debris cloudiness etc. the gfs has spots mixing to like 700-750 mb by late afternoon. LOL.

UGLY:

12z MEX for 6/9

BDL: 100

BED: 100

BOS: 94

OWD: 102

ORE: 98

ORH: 97

PVD: 98

MHT: 99

ASH: 100

FMH: 90

lmaosmiley.giflmaosmiley.gif

If ORH hits 97 I should easily hit 100F...even during the torch summer of last year my high was 99F.

The funny thing is even with how hot this is looking we might not get a heat wave at all. Mid 90s at least Wednesday and Thursday but tomorrow and Friday might fall short.

lmaosmiley.giflmaosmiley.gif

If ORH hits 97 I should easily hit 100F...even during the torch summer of last year my high was 99F.

The funny thing is even with how hot this is looking we might not get a heat wave at all. Mid 90s at least Wednesday and Thursday but tomorrow and Friday might fall short.

Thursday looks like an all out torch. Wednesday though could even be close for not hitting 90F at ORH airport. Tomorrow has no chance and Friday is probably 3 to 1 against, but we'll see how slow the front is getting hung up.

Thursday looks like an all out torch. Wednesday though could even be close for not hitting 90F at ORH airport. Tomorrow has no chance and Friday is probably 3 to 1 against, but we'll see how slow the front is getting hung up.

Yeah tomorrow has no chance except for at perhaps BDL...but even there upper 80s might do it. Overall a very hot week.

BOX has KFIT at 86 94 92 for the next three days... I figured Thursday would be warmer.

That place bakes

well still a few days out and a handful of variables to consider. tough to go toooo high at this point. low to mid 90s is already going ~15 above climo so that's a fair call at this point i think.

fwiw...gfs mos for FIT is 95/100/90 for wed-fri

Archived