Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Heat wave potential 6/8-6/10

weatherMA

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Td's of 70 are sultry.

I'll agree... nothing comfortable about a dew of 70F. Even 72/70 feels deadly uncomfortable.

We are full-out torching up here. At 800ft in the valley I'm now up to 87/61F. We must be mixing out or compressional heating here in the valley between the 3K and 4K peaks in the area because I'm warmer than BTV right now which is quite rare.

KFIT is at 91 (as of 12:52) probably a degree or 2 up from there now.

Kids just begged me to take them outside ... lol... we had a vote and so we went out for 20 minutes. Boy did they complain

What whiners

My room is a tasty 78.9 attm. Windows shut, shades down, fans pushing smelly air around.

The building will not cool off tonight though, Thursday will be awful.

:lol:

Man there are some hilarious posts in these heat threads.

It is hot today though. Not a "killing heat" but its hotter than I'd like it.

Thats how I feel about today. I'd prefer it a little cooler, but this is not extreme heat. Tomorrow will probably be much warmer. BOX had 95F for today in yesterday's forecast and I thought that was quite aggressive. We won't even hit 90F today.

Still, with dewpoints in the mid 60s versus low 50s yesterday and the absolute temp a few degrees warmer, it feels hot.

Why was my SNE conference thread moved? Who did it and why? I wanted a thread in this forum to discuss the conference amongst the SNE attendees only.

I guess only "official" wx topics allowed in the New England subforum... but golf and gardening etc are ok lol

I always thought we could have off topic regional threads, but they are frowned upon. NJ Hurry-came would not approve

I guess only "official" wx topics allowed in the New England subforum... but golf and gardening etc are ok lol

I always thought we could have off topic regional threads, but they are frowned upon. NJ Hurry-came would not approve

I don't understand why it was moved. Why can't we have a thread in here talking about the conference?

Well, this way all of the non-SNE jokesters can put in their irrelevant opinions.
Yet they let us keep our SNE GTG threads. Noone will step in to admit they moved it and why as usual. It wasn't hurting anything, and in a quiet time gave us an area to focus on and have a little fun <BR><BR>Not to mention the fact it might have drummed up interest for a few more attendees to sign up. And then they wonder why only 45 people are going

Thats how I feel about today. I'd prefer it a little cooler, but this is not extreme heat. Tomorrow will probably be much warmer. BOX had 95F for today in yesterday's forecast and I thought that was quite aggressive. We won't even hit 90F today.

Still, with dewpoints in the mid 60s versus low 50s yesterday and the absolute temp a few degrees warmer, it feels hot.

I just hit 90F for the first time this warm season. Certainly uncomfortable to me now, lol. Luckily dews are low 60s and not near 70 though.

88/64

temp dropped 7 degrees in less than 5 minutes coming back home east on I95, the Greenwich Stamford area just bakes, and is awful, waaaaaaaaay to many people, smog city.

How did the lawns go?

For those hating the heat, the 12z Euro has a very stout cooldown Sunday-Wednesday with 850s only around 4C with the ULL centered to our northeast. It also brings another big trough down from the Upper Great Lakes at Day 10. Doesn't look as if the death ridge will make another strike for a while.

How did the lawns go?

For those hating the heat, the 12z Euro has a very stout cooldown Sunday-Wednesday with 850s only around 4C with the ULL centered to our northeast. It also brings another big trough down from the Upper Great Lakes at Day 10. Doesn't look as if the death ridge will make another strike for a while.

Was a great day, busted it out, hydrated.

Very comfortable back at the ranch, nice seabreeze! I love summer though, bring on the heat baby, but I dont consider 88 hot, though it was hot sw of here closer to nyc metro for sure.

Archived