• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Heat wave potential 6/8-6/10

weatherMA

I think Pete is deliberately beating the dead horse, LOL. I am just pointing out the obvious. Everyone's gotta have their persona though, I suppose.

Unreal right now outside, still 82.2/74. HEAT WAVE!

Gardner, MA (ar my church actually) dropped to 67.0/56 with the passage of the storm

66.3/57 on my crappy thermo

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gardner, MA (ar my church actually) dropped to 67.0/56 with the passage of the storm

66.3/57 on my crappy thermo

That must feel so great...you're in a rural area with elevation, so you will cool down as the sky opens up later.

For those of us within the NYC metro urban heat island, it's going to be a brutal night. Fair skies here but with dewpoints in the low-mid 70s and westerly winds continuing through the night, I doubt we'll get below 75F. It's currently 82/74, just played an hour of tennis and watered the garden, am covered in sweat. Going to bed early for school but have a feeling it will be a restless night sleeping in a non air-conditioned basement.

That must feel so great...you're in a rural area with elevation, so you will cool down as the sky opens up later.

For those of us within the NYC metro urban heat island, it's going to be a brutal night. Fair skies here but with dewpoints in the low-mid 70s and westerly winds continuing through the night, I doubt we'll get below 75F. It's currently 82/74, just played an hour of tennis and watered the garden, am covered in sweat. Going to bed early for school but have a feeling it will be a restless night sleeping in a non air-conditioned basement.

I might need to throw on another blankie, crank up the thermostat

I think Pete is deliberately beating the dead horse, LOL. I am just pointing out the obvious. Everyone's gotta have their persona though, I suppose.

Unreal right now outside, still 82.2/74. HEAT WAVE!

WOW thats downright depressing!

75/66

delightful breeze

Hard to believe you are only 50 miles away, what a different world!

WOW thats downright depressing!

75/66

delightful breeze

Hard to believe you are only 50 miles away, what a different world!

Yeah, your area is slightly more rural and farther away from the City, so less contaminated by UHI. You also have a flatter landscape that radiates better, and you had more of a seabreeze component today...your SW winds come partly off LI Sound, whereas my SW winds come off the nation's armpit, the Dirty Jerz. It's pretty disgusting here, almost no wind at all, just stagnant heat that will last all night and give us a high launching pad to hit mid 90s tomorrow. I hope my classroom is going to be air conditioned, or it will be flat out unpleasant. You'll torch tomorrow too though as winds will be stronger from the WNW ahead of the cold front, preventing any sea breeze from penetrating into CT. I wouldn't be surprised if you get into the low 90s, at least. My high was 92.3F today.

Yeah, your area is slightly more rural and farther away from the City, so less contaminated by UHI. You also have a flatter landscape that radiates better, and you had more of a seabreeze component today...your SW winds come partly off LI Sound, whereas my SW winds come off the nation's armpit, the Dirty Jerz. It's pretty disgusting here, almost no wind at all, just stagnant heat that will last all night and give us a high launching pad to hit mid 90s tomorrow. I hope my classroom is going to be air conditioned, or it will be flat out unpleasant. You'll torch tomorrow too though as winds will be stronger from the WNW ahead of the cold front, preventing any sea breeze from penetrating into CT. I wouldn't be surprised if you get into the low 90s, at least. My high was 92.3F today.

Yea bud, I am a lot further from nyc, sw wind is all LIS where i live, only about 100 yards from the salt water marsh, as soon as you hit the compo beach area of westport east along the ct shore its really a different climate in the summer compared to nyc metro. Stay cool tomorrow, I am heading out to silver sands beach to do a little project, should be nice and cool out there. Certainly a warm couple days, hard to believe how hot NJ was, disgusting.

It came by my area around 8pm or so. I was hovering near 81 and then shot up to 86.

BTW, I was in your neck of the woods this evening. Upper Crust at Coolidge Corner.

Boycott the place. Good pizza but they skimmed $$ off of the waitress tips. Kind of a cheap shot. I was in Trader Joe's after acupuncture around 8:30 and got home in time for the 2nd/3rd period of the game. It was mid 80s in Brookline by then.

Boycott the place. Good pizza but they skimmed $ off of the waitress tips. Kind of a cheap shot. I was in Trader Joe's after acupuncture around 8:30 and got home in time for the 2nd/3rd period of the game. It was mid 80s in Brookline by then.

That's pretty crappy. I went there because I had a groupon for the place....we have friends that live there as well. I love that area.

That's pretty crappy. I went there because I had a groupon for the place....we have friends that live there as well. I love that area.

It would have been funny bumping into you. Immediate and intense synoptic discussion on Coolidge Corner. I once saw Brett on the street (Zeus) while walking with my family on my wife's 50th bday.

You're not betting against heat. Upper 80s there is the same as mid 90s in the valleys. It's all relative to the climate. This ridiculous nonsense about how it isn't a torch is like saying that 45F is a cold day in January because it's a cold day for June...just doesn't make any sense. Sure, you're correct that it's short lived, but these are like +15 to +20 departures.

Bottom line: TORCH! For you, too.

It did not make the upper 80's, the warmest temp here was 86, mid 80's. A short warm spell. Will you be heading for a Red Cross cooling station today. I hear the heat today will be life threatening. Stay safe.

Honestly, can't see anything above mid 90's at this point. Just gonna take too long to get this thunderstorm complex out of here. Prob 9 am at the earliest.

Reminds me of July 4th weekend of 1999. We seemed to be heading to widespread flirtation with 100 but a MCC mover over us from the NW and by the time it left in mid morning, temps were "muted" to the M-U90s with few if any going much above 95-6. I can't remember the exact day but it was the proverbial fly in the ointment regarding the heat as it may be today.

You're not betting against heat. Upper 80s there is the same as mid 90s in the valleys. It's all relative to the climate. This ridiculous nonsense about how it isn't a torch is like saying that 45F is a cold day in January because it's a cold day for June...just doesn't make any sense. Sure, you're correct that it's short lived, but these are like +15 to +20 departures.

Bottom line: TORCH! For you, too.

Even the summit station on Mount Mansfield at 4,000ft hit a high of 75F yesterday which I believe is a record for the date.

If it can get to mid 70s at the H87-H85 level, that's pretty darn hot.

Make no mistake... the higher elevations did not miss out on this heat. It was 86F up here at the station at 2,100 feet. I'm sure thermometers in the middle of the woods at those elevations were quite a bit cooler, but a properly sited thermometer out in a large open area with a sun shield still got pretty hot regardless of elevation.

Archived