CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Retrograde Snowstorm by 12/5?

CT Rain

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well GFS at least acknowledges the possibilty of a few lonely snowflakes. I'm fine with that for now. Having awakened alive and well, taken my daily dump or 2, wx can now reclaim it's place on the mid to rear burners.

TMI, definition: see above

I'm still interested in keeping tabs on sun/mon. The Jan 1st retrograding low wasn't modeled perfectly. The extent of the maritime air invasion, for instance. This could still have a bit of fun to it.

Nice cutter out in fantasy land on the GFS, Watch that verify............... :axe:

Lets hope the 12th storm develops close enough to the coast to produce some love, I think most modeling will show a relaxtion period around mid month before the nao reloads for one more negative run as we head into xmas HOPEFULLY, really cant take another Grinch storm or warmup prior to xmas.

Lets hope the 12th storm develops close enough to the coast to produce some love, I think most modeling will show a relation period around mid month before the nao reloads for one more negative run as we head into xmas HOPEFULLY, really cant take another Grinch storm or warmup prior to xmas.

Oh there will be a grinch storm. Seems to happen every year in the northeast. Like clock work, no matter how cold it is prior. Would be nice to break that trend but i'll believe it when I see it.

i hope we see some damn flurries.

i think kev is deluding himself into a good mood b/c he knows this 10 day stretch of cold can't be wasted if we are to LIKELY get near normal or above this winter. Esp if you believe Jan/Feb will be sig. above normal F

12/12 is the last chance of sanity for many posters in SNE right or wrong. warning criteria or bust

Looking like the greater Boston area won't be seeing any measurable snow for quite a while. When was the last time Boston made it to Christmas without any snow?

Define. BOS had a trace before 11/15 this year during the system that gave measurable south of us and the high country. In 1999, first measurable was 1/12/00. GFS gives BOS several inches by the end of next week with good ensemble support. There is a signal for a coating over the next few days and UKMET is resurrecting the "somewhat snowy" Sunday afternoon for immediate east coastal areas.

Define. BOS had a trace before 11/15 this year during the system that gave measurable south of us and the high country. In 1999, first measurable was 1/12/00. GFS gives BOS several inches by the end of next week with good ensemble support. There is a signal for a coating over the next few days and UKMET is resurrecting the "somewhat snowy" Sunday afternoon for immediate east coastal areas.

I like the sound of that.

FWIW, we had a 0.1" coating this morning, but most of it has evaporated.

Kevin must be in charge of the CT DOT as I was just in the New Haven area and ALL the state bridges have been sprayed with calcium solution (white stripes in the road). What a waste of money!

Yup I just got back from a call in Springfield..and all the left 2 lanes were treated with salt as they prepare for what apparently isn't a surprise snowfall anymore

Yup I just got back from a call in Springfield..and all the left 2 lanes were treated with salt as they prepare for what apparently isn't a surprise snowfall anymore

How much are you expecting there? Ray might get half an inch...you might get some flurries.

Archived