• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Retrograde Snowstorm by 12/5?

CT Rain

Well the 6-9pm period is the dead zone for models...nothing comes out in that time frame...except the SREFs at 8:40.

No radio show tonight...not enough of a threat. Even the Mid-Atlantic clipper threat looks a lot uglier now.

Radio shows curse lives, nothing conjures more fear in my mind than the announcement of radio shows, think the failure rate for us is approaching ninety percent.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

92 was my intro to the Internet through college on my second tour of duty in school, that's when I found out there were many sickos like me when it comes to weather. Anyone remember the American Association of Weather Observers, you kept a daily weather log, mailed it to them then they sent a monthly newsletter with all the data in it.

Yep, remember them all too well. Another group that started out great and ended up lousy (long story, believe me, Steve). Probably would have gone under even without all the drama, as the Internet was really taking over by the time AAWO folded. Offline organizations really have been taking a hit as the Internet continues its juggernaut.

Just my 2 cents worth...

--Turtle ;)

I strarted posting my obs on the Delphi Internet service Southern New England wx board in about 1993/94. Delphi was one of the first companies to provide actual access to the internet. Contrast to closed services that existed at the time like AOL, Prodigy, and Compuserve. They eventually gave net access later. I wanted actual net access so I had delphi dial-up via sprintnet telephone #'s or something I think. It was all text...no Netscape yet. I still remember the revulsion that spread across the net when AOL started offering internet access and all those people invaded.

Yep, remember them all too well. Another group that started out great and ended up lousy (long story, believe me, Steve). Probably would have gone under even without all the drama, as the Internet was really taking over by the time AAWO folded. Offline organizations really have been taking a hit as the Internet continues its juggernaut.

Just my 2 cents worth...

--Turtle ;)

Just my 2 cents worth...

--Turtle ;)

Evolve or die, has been the story since mans inception.

I strarted posting my obs on the Delphi Internet service Southern New England wx board in about 1993/94. Delphi was one of the first companies to provide actual access to the internet. Contrast to closed services that existed at the time like AOL, Prodigy, and Compuserve. They eventually gave net access later. I wanted actual net access so I had delphi dial-up via sprintnet telephone #'s or something I think. It was all text...no Netscape yet. I still remember the revulsion that spread across the net when AOL started offering internet access and all those people invaded.

I remember taking an hour to download one sat pic but being in heaven because I could. I talked for hours to people about the weather and never felt again like I was alone in my hobby.

Oh yeah and struggling to work the FTP prog. freeware that I downloaded to get the image, the manipulating the image viewer to see it.....

I remember taking an hour to download one sat pic but being in heaven because I could. I talked for hours to people about the weather and never felt again like I was alone in my hobby.

From BTV's discussion regarding the 12/4-5 event:

THIS WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO BRING

SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW TO NORTHERN PORTIONS OF THE

CWA...ESPECIALLY OVER N VT. QPF UP TO 0.50-0.60" COMBINED WITH

NORTHERLY UPSLOPE EFFECTS COULD PUT SOME AREA NEAR ADVISORY/

WARNING CRITERIA AND WILL HAVE TO BE MONITORED DURING NEXT SHIFTS.

Then regarding the event next week:

BUT BY THE END OF THE NEXT

WEEK WE`LL LIKELY HAVE A PRETTY SIGNIFICANT SNOWPACK ON THE

GROUND, ESPECIALLY IN THE HIGHER MOUNTAINS WHERE WE`LL PROBABLY

MEASURE IN FEET. I SUSPECT THAT WILL BE GOOD NEWS TO WINTER

OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS.

As Blizz would say... Heavy, heavy snow coming. Break out the shovels.

No doubt ginxy! In the backyard when it snows i shovel all the snow into one place off the back deck and make a ramp for the kids to sled and board down, douce it with water when the weather permits and they love it..............almost as much as I do. Pretty much every weekend the fire pit is raging, last new years eve was special with a couple inches the night before, and then a couple that night, no wind 32 and perfect dendrites cascading down from the heavens in the floodlight. Really does not get better than outside winter nights!

Joe Monday nights burn, nice and toasty

42d4d0aa-4ce9-19ab.jpg

Gotta get some snow at JSpin's stake! :)

OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS.

OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS.

yup lots riding on this system for the greens/ white's ski base builders.

When the NAO squelches storms in NC you know it's too strong.

Well we actually would want the block a little stronger for this setup since we are trying to retrograde a system in here. With a stronger block, instead of the low retrograding into N ME, you'd have it come back to southern ME or just offshore MA which would be ideal.

As depcited, I think we'll probably see scattered snow showers/flurries around on Saturday night...it does have some decent rh wrapping around the mid-level center into SNE.

Its too bad though we can't get the actual CCB to back SW down the coast of ME.

The best cold is clearly on the other side of the pole though. This Neg NAO (and undercutting trough) is pulling down all the cold it could muster and at 60 hours we cant get the 516 line below Thunder Bay Ontario.

Not saying it isn't chilly - just not impressive compared to Europe, etc.

Well lows over Eastport Maine don't usually give any of us much snow. :rolleyes:

Archived